France Wine - Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2024
Summary The French wine sector is led by the still wine category in value terms in 2019.The sparkling wine category is forecast to register the fastest value growth during 2019-2024.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel in distribution of wine in the country. Compagnie Francaise Des Grands Vins, Groupe Castel and Maison Louis Jadot are the leading companies in the French wine sector.
This report on the wine sector in France provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained? - Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2024
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for fortified wine, sparkling wine and still wine with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2019-2024
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in volume terms) and private labels (in volume terms) in 2019
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, eretailers, cash & carries & warehouse clubs, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, department stores, direct sellers, on-trade and other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack type for: bottle, bag-in-box, carton - liquid, can, stand up pouch and other pack type, closure type for: stopper, screw top, dispenser, crown, lever closure and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding and other outer types.
Scope - Both per capita consumption and per capita expenditure of wine was higher in France than in the global and regional levels in 2019
- The per capita consumption of still wine was higher than other wine categories in 2019
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the French wine sector
- Private label penetration is highest in the fortified wine category
- Glass is the most commonly used pack material in the French wine sector
Reasons to Buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
239 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• May 2021
China’s demand for Alcohol & Wine has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which has been stimulated by the consecutive increases of industrial output, import & export, consumer consumption...
Sparkling Wines Market by Type (Red, Rose, and White), Product (Cava, Champagne, Cremant, Prosecco, and Others), Price Point (Economy, Mid-range, and Luxury), and Sales Channel (Supermarket/Hypermarket, Specialty Stores, On Trade, and Others): Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2021–2027 Sparkling wine...
2021 Fortified Wine Market - Size, Share, COVID Impact Analysis and Forecast to 2027 2021 Fortified Wine Market - Size, Share, COVID Impact Analysis and Forecast to 2027 – is comprehensive research with in-depth data and contemporary analysis of Fortified Wine Market at a global, regional and key country level, split...
300 pages •
By The Business Research Company
• Jan 2021
Major companies in the wine and brandy market include Constellation Brands; E & J Gallo Winery; Torres Wines; Treasury Wine Estates and Vina Concha Y Toro. The global wine and brandy market is expected to grow from $166.56 billion in 2020 to $178.46 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.1%. The growth is mainly...
95 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• May 2021
This study focuses on China’s Alcohol & Wine industry forecasts. In the two past decades, the industry has been growing at a fast pace. The dramatic expansions of the manufacturing capabilities and rising consumer consumptions in China have transformed China’s society and economy. China is one of the world’s major...
Running dry: Restrictions due to the pandemic have decimated industry revenue and profitability Abstract Pubs & Bars in the UK Pubs and bars prepare and serve beverages for consumption on their own premises. The industry only includes individuals and companies that operate pubs. Companies that own but...
149 pages •
By Prescient & Strategic Intelligence Private Limited
• Jan 2021
Sorbic Acid Market Research Report: By Form (Powdered, Encapsulated), Application (Food & Beverages, Industrial Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals) â€“ Global Industry Analysis and Growth Forecast to 2030
Economic growth is leading to the increasing spending power of people, which is driving a shift in worldwide food consumption...
Abstract Global Wine Manufacturing The Global Wine Manufacturing industry has experienced mild growth as a result of different trends across the world. The industry’s performance relies on consumer trends and therefore on variables affecting decisions by consumers. Many countries traditionally associated with...
Open bar: Rising disposable income will likely enable consumers to spend more alcohol Abstract Beer, Wine & Liquor Stores in the US The Beer, Wine and Liquor Stores industry comprises specialty shops specifically licensed to sell alcoholic beverages for off-premises consumption. Amid rising per capita...
62 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Mar 2021
Treasury Wine Estates remains committed to its strategy of expanding its product portfolio upmarket and accelerating the divestment of its low-priced commercial wines, despite the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and conditions in key markets such as the US and China posing challenges to the company’s future performance. This profile looks...
Online Retail Sales
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.