Overview “Epidiolex (cannabidiol) - Drug Insight and Market Forecast – 2030” report outlays comprehensive insights of the product indicated for the treatment of its approved condition. A detailed picture of the Epidiolex (cannabidiol) in Seven Major Markets, i.e., United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan, for the study period 2017–2030 is provided in this report along with a detailed description of the product. The product details covers mechanism of action, dosage and administration, route of synthesis, and pharmacological studies, including product marketed details, regulatory milestones, and other development activities. Further, it also consists of market assessments inclusive of the market forecast, SWOT analysis, and detailed analyst views. It further highlights the market competitors, late-stage emerging therapies, and patent details in the global space.
Epidiolex (cannabidiol) oral solution is a clear, colorless to yellow liquid containing cannabidiol at a concentration of 100 mg/mL. Epidiolex is the first and only FDA-approved prescription CBD used to treat seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS) and Dravet syndrome in patients 2 years of age and older. Epidiolex significantly reduced seizures in patients with LGS and Dravet. Epidiolex has a thoroughly evaluated efficacy and safety profile. Epidiolex is FDA approved to ensure quality and consistency in every bottle.The FDA granted approval of Epidiolex to GW Research Ltd.The most common side effects that occurred in Epidiolex-treated patients in the clinical trials were: sleepiness, sedation and lethargy; elevated liver enzymes; decreased appetite; diarrhea; rash; fatigue, malaise and weakness; insomnia, sleep disorder and poor quality sleep; and infections. In March 2020, GW Pharmaceuticals along with its U.S. subsidiary Greenwich Biosciences announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted for filing with Priority Review its recently submitted supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) for the use of Epidiolex (cannabidiol) CV to treat seizures associated with Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC).
Scope of the report The report provides insights into:
• A comprehensive product overview including the product description, mechanism of action, dosage and administration, route of synthesis, pharmacological studies (pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics) and adverse reactions.
• Elaborated details on regulatory milestones and other development activities have been provided in this report.
• The report also highlights the drug marketed details across the United States, Europe and Japan.
• The report also covers the patents information with expiry timeline around Epidiolex (cannabidiol) .
• The report contains historical and forecasted sales for Epidiolex (cannabidiol) till 2030.
• Comprehensive coverage of the late-stage emerging therapies (Phase III) in the space with a brief snapshot of the details.
• The report also features the SWOT analysis with analyst insights and key findings of Epidiolex (cannabidiol) .
Methodology The report is built using data and information sourced primarily from internal databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis ’s team of industry experts. Information and data from the secondary sources have been obtained from various printable and nonprintable sources like search engines, news websites, global regulatory authorities websites, trade journals, white papers, magazines, books, trade associations, industry associations, industry portals and access to available databases.
Epidiolex (cannabidiol) Analytical Perspective • In-depth Epidiolex (cannabidiol) Market Assessment
This report provides a detailed market assessment of Epidiolex (cannabidiol) in Seven Major Markets, i.e., United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan. This segment of the report provides historical and forecasted sales data from 2017 to 2030.
• Epidiolex (cannabidiol) Clinical Assessment
The report provides the clinical trials information of Epidiolex (cannabidiol) covering trial interventions, trial conditions, trial status, start and completion dates.
Report highlights • In the coming years, the market scenario for Epidiolex (cannabidiol) is set to change due to the extensive research in the treatment of the indicated condition and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
• The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Epidiolex (cannabidiol) dominance. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
• Other approved products for the disease are giving market competition to Epidiolex (cannabidiol) and launch of late-stage emerging therapies in the near future will significantly impact the market.
• A detailed description of regulatory milestones, development activities, and some key findings provide the current market scenario of Epidiolex (cannabidiol) .
• Our in-depth analysis of the sales data of Epidiolex (cannabidiol) from 2017 to 2030 will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the Epidiolex (cannabidiol) in the market.
Key Questions • What is the prescribed dosage and strengths of Epidiolex (cannabidiol) are available in the market?
• What are the common adverse reactions or side effects of Epidiolex (cannabidiol) ?
• What is the product type, route of administration and mechanism of action of Epidiolex (cannabidiol) ?
• What are the chemical specifications of Epidiolex (cannabidiol) ?
• How are the clinical trials diversified on the basis of the trial status?
• What is the history of Epidiolex (cannabidiol) , and what is its future?
• What are the marketed details of Epidiolex (cannabidiol) in the seven major countries, including the United States, Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan?
• How many patents have been granted to Epidiolex (cannabidiol) and when these patents will get expire?
• What are the pros (benefits) and cons (disadvantages) of Epidiolex (cannabidiol) ?
• In which countries Epidiolex (cannabidiol) got approval and when it gets launched?
• What are the clinical trials are currently ongoing for Epidiolex (cannabidiol) ?
• How the safety and efficacy results determined the approval of Epidiolex (cannabidiol) ?
• What are the key collaborations, mergers and acquisitions, licensing and other activities related to the Epidiolex (cannabidiol) development?
• What are the key designations that have been granted to Epidiolex (cannabidiol) ?
• What is the historical and forecasted market scenario of Epidiolex (cannabidiol) ?
• How is the market trend of Epidiolex (cannabidiol) is different in the Seven Major Markets (the United States, EU5 [Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom], and Japan)?
• What are the other approved products available and how these are giving competition to Epidiolex (cannabidiol) ?
• Which are the late-stage emerging therapies under development for the treatment of the indicated condition?
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Cannabinoids/Marijuana Testing in 90 Countries-Five-Year Volume and Sales Forecasts, Supplier Sales and Shares, Competitive Analysis, Diagnostic Assays and Instrumentation This report is available by geographic region and country. Geographic Regions and Countries Asia-Pacific Australia,...
The cannabis testing market was valued at US$ 1,512.06 million in 2021 and is projected to reach US$ 2,960.20 million by 2028; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.1% from 2021 to 2028. Legalization of medical cannabis, increasing awareness through conferences, symposia, and workshops and growing adoption of LIMS in cannabis testing...
As the global chemicals industry is at the onset of the recovery phase, companies are focusing on identifying and monetizing new opportunities in the industry. The majority of the chemical industries are likely to record volume growth of 4% to 8% in the short term, depending on the chemical sub-segment and product portfolio. A large volume...
2021 Cannabinoids/Marijuana Test Volume and Sales Forecasts: US, Europe, Japan--Hospitals, Commercial Labs, POC Locations This new report provides analysis of Cannabinoids/Marijuana testing, including clinical significance, current and emerging diagnostic procedures, as well as test volume and sales forecasts by...
The global medical cannabis market is expected to reach US$ 49,116.4 million by 2028 from US$ 8,926.6 million in 2020. It is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 23.9% from 2021 to 2028. Developing countries in South and Central America, Asia, and the Middle East & Africa, North America, and Europe have legalized the use and cultivation of...
377 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
Abstract: - Global Cannabidiol Market to Reach $20 Billion by 2027 - Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Cannabidiol estimated at US$6.7 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$20 Billion by 2027, growing at aCAGR of 16.8% over the period 2020-2027. Marijuana, one of the segments...
Abstract: - Global Marijuana Drying and Curing Equipment Market to Reach $183 Million by 2027 - Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Marijuana Drying and Curing Equipment estimated at US$100.2 Million in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$183 Million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of...
2021 cannabis Market - Size, Share, Competition and Forecasts to 2027 Overview: The global cannabis market is estimated to generate revenue worth USD 19.37 in 2020, and is expected to grow at 22.6 CAGR during the forecast period of 2021 to 2027, and reach an expected market value of USD 80.6 in 2027. The...
The global medical cannabis market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Cannabis is a psychoactive drug that is derived from the cannabis plant of the Cannabaceae family. It was used medicinally in ancient Indian, Chinese, Egyptian and Islamic cultures. Nowadays, cannabis finds application in the treatment of a...
130 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
Abstract: - Global Cannabis Testing Market to Reach $2 Billion by 2027 - Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Cannabis Testing estimated at US$1.1 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$2 Billion by 2027, growing at aCAGR of 9.6% over the period 2020-2027. Products, one of the...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.