Ammunition Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Caliber (Small, Medium, Rockets & Missiles), By Product (Rimfire, Centerfire), By End Use (Defense, Civil & Commercial), And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027
The global ammunition market size is expected to reach USD 27.64 billion by 2027. It is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 3.9% during the forecast period. Rising demand for defense equipment in militaries owing to increasing geopolitical tension across the globe is expected to drive the demand for ammunition.
The Indian Army is planning to increase the number of artillery and mortar platforms over the next ten years through indigenous development programs and foreign procurement thereby contributing to the demand for ammunition over the forecast period. In addition, rising hostilities in Middle East nations are expected to supplement the regional demand.
Advancements in ammunition technologies, such as the replacement of brass-case bullets using polymer-case bullets are projected to offer notable growth opportunities to the market. The use of polymer material is projected to reduce the weight of ammunition by 40%, while maintaining its impact, thereby making it lighter and consistent as compared to conventional bullets.
Rising warlike situations supplemented by heightening geopolitical pressures across the globe is leading to an exponential rise in stockpiling trends in the global ammunition market. This strategy is expected to offer notable cost savings, since the ammunition can be purchased in high volume at cheap prices, thereby posing positive growth trends for the market.
Further key findings from the report suggest: • Small caliber ammunition emerged as the largest segment in 2019 and is expected to generate revenue over USD 14.51 billion by 2027; majorly due to wide range of applications including assault rifles, handguns, and pistons
• Centerfire ammunition accounted for a revenue share of USD 6.82 billion in 2019 and is projected to witness rapid growth over the next eight years; since it is defined as a universal standard in most of the defense forces across the globe
• In the application segment, the defense segment emerged as the largest segment in 2019, accounting for approximately 88.5% revenue share in 2019, majorly due to rising ammunition procurement by homeland security forces
• The Asia Pacific ammunition market is expected to record an exponential CAGR of 4.8% over the coming years, primarily due to the upgrading of defense forces across countries such as China, India, Australia and Singapore
• The U.S. market for ammunition was valued at USD 6.42 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow substantially during the forecast period, mainly due to rising defense expenditure in the economy coupled with intensive training activities conducted by the country’s defense forces
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The non-lethal weapons market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 4.56% during the forecast period (2021-2026). The market is expected to grow from USD 4.33 billion in 2020 to USD 5.67 billion in 2026. - The outbreak of the pandemic has not significantly impacted the growth of the non-lethal weapons market. In several countries, non-lethal...
196 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- The global market for Adaptive Optics is projected to reach US$3.2 billion by 2025, driven by expanding applications in telecommunications, military & defense, medical, and space exploration. Growing use of laser systems be it for communications, laser processing, laser weapons or laser medical equipment, is...
A command and control (C2) system provides information to aid and implement the decision-making process, generating meaningful outputs in order to meet operational requirements and mission objectives. A sensor package may identify a threat that will then be relayed to the C2 system, which will also take into account environmental data from...
Ministries of defense are procuring a range of new equipment to ensure that soldiers are more lethal and less vulnerable on the modern battlefield. There is an increased demand for weapon sights and night-vision goggles as part of soldier modernization programs.Newer companion technologies, such as unmanned ground vehicles, are being combined...
Hypersonic Technologies (Defense) - Thematic Research
"Hypersonic Technologies (Defense) - Thematic Research", report provides an overview of the hypersonic technology market, outlining key advances in the technology and key programs.
Hypersonic weapons and aircraft epitomize...
A command and control (C2) system provides information to maritime decision makers by generating meaningful output pertinent to their operational requirements and mission objectives.If a sensor package identifies a threat, it is relayed to the C2 system, accounting for environmental data from other systems.
The C2 system displays and...
Defense Industry Top 10 Themes Prediction for 2021 - Thematic Research
This report provides an overview of our top 10 themes for 2021, identifying leading companies for each theme.Key themes include China Impact, India Impact, High-Intensity Warfare, Sustainability, and M & A well as...
120 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Jan 2021
Global Amphibious Landing Craft Market 2021-2025
The analyst has been monitoring the amphibious landing craft market and it is poised to grow by $ 483.62 mn during 2021-2025 progressing at a CAGR of 3% during the forecast period. Our report on amphibious landing craft market provides a holistic analysis, market size and...
Global Hypersonic Technology Market to Reach $12.92 Billion by 2031 Key Questions Answered in this Report: • What are the major drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the global hypersonic technology market during the forecast period 2021-2031? • What are the recent trends in the hypersonic...
274 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- Global Automatic Weapons Market to Reach $10.6 Billion by 2027
- Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Automatic Weapons estimated at US$6.8 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$10.6 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 6.6% over the analysis period 2020-2027....
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.