3D Cell Culture Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Technology (Scaffold Based, Scaffold Free, Bioreactors), By Application (Cancer, Drug Development), By End Use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027
The global 3D cell culture market size is expected to reach USD 3.2 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 11.3%. A rise in the adoption of in-vivo models for a better understanding of cell behavior is anticipated to fuel market growth.
Expected emergence of 3D optimized kits, protocols, and assays and evolution of different assay techniques are anticipated to provide growth avenues to this market in the coming years. Since, 3D cultures closely mimic a typical organ microarchitecture and morphology, resembling the in-vivo model, there are substantial efforts taken towards developing in-vitro 3D cellular models.
A rise in demand for organ transplantation and tissue engineering for the treatment of chronic diseases is expected to drive research, impelling market growth through to 2027. Moreover, the advent of new technologies such as the lab-on-a-chip technique, based on the principle of microfabricated tissue component culturing, is anticipated to drive the market.
Further key findings from the report suggest: • The scaffold based techniques segment accounted for a major share in 2019 and is projected to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period
• Rising demand for three-dimensional cellular model-based research coupled with an increased incidence of chronic diseases is anticipated to propel market growth
• Hydrogels are the most commonly used scaffold-based methods. Therefore, the hydrogels segment occupied a major share of the scaffold-based technologies in 2019
• Enzymatically triggered peptide hydrogels for three-dimensional cell encapsulation and culture are expected to drive R&D in this segment
• The hanging drop microplates segment occupied a major share of the scaffold-free technologies used in these culture techniques
• This is because hanging drop microplates do not interfere with cell polarity and thus enable efficient cell growth in in vivo conditions
• Cancer was estimated to be the major application segment in 2019 and is expected to remain so throughout the forecast period
• Ongoing research to harness the potential of spheroid models for the development of new anticancer therapies is anticipated to drive R&D in the segment
• Adoption of three-dimensional cellular models for studying cancer biology in preclinical screening and testing as a result of the availability of customized microenvironments is expected to increase in the coming years
• Biotechnology and pharmaceutical organizations accounted for the largest share owing to a rise in the adoption of these culture techniques in drug discovery and tissue engineering
• Lucrative opportunities offered by emerging nations has attracted investments from global firms in the region, thus driving the 3D cell culture market in Asia Pacific region at the fastest growth rate throughout the forecast period
• Merck KGaA; Global Cell Solutions, Inc.; Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.; Corning, Inc.; PromoCell GmbH; Greiner Bio One International GmbH; 3D Biomatrix; 3D Biotek LLC; Lonza; Avantor Performance Materials, LLC; Tecan Trading AG; and InSphero are key players operating in this market
• These participants are engaged in new product development and strategic alliances to maintain the market share.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
“Axial spondyloarthritis - Pipeline Insight, 2021,” report provides comprehensive insights about 30+ companies and 30+ pipeline drugs in Axial spondyloarthritis pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route...
The global single-use assemblies market is projected to reach USD 6.3 billion by 2026 from USD 2.2 billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 23.3% during the forecast period. The growth of the single-use assemblies market can primarily be attributed to the major advantages of single-use technologies as compared to traditional stainless-steel assemblies,...
Global Cell Isolation Market By Product (Consumables and Instruments), By Cell Type (Human Cells and Animal Cells), By Source (Bone Marrow, Cord Blood/Embryonic Stem Cells, Adipose Tissue), By Technique (Centrifugation-Based Cell Isolation, Surface Marker-Based Cell Isolation, Filtration-Based Cell Isolation), By Application (Biomolecule...
The Formulation Development Outsourcing market was valued at approximately USD 8,055 million in 2020 and is expected to witness a revenue of USD 12,650 million in 2026, with a CAGR of 7.2% over the forecast period. The rapidly evolving threat of COVID-19 is impacting lives, communities, businesses, and industries around the world. The...
529 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- Global Drug Discovery Technologies Market to Reach $74.3 Billion by 2027
- Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Drug Discovery Technologies estimated at US$44.2 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$74.3 Billion by 2027, growing at aCAGR of 7.7% over the period...
Readers of one of the analyst’s media partners were invited to participate in an online survey in September 2020 that centered on the state of their laboratories in 2020 and their expectations for 2021.The analyst has conducted similar studies among the same targeted respondents since 2012.
Where applicable, the study presents year-over-year...
The microcarrier market is majorly driven by factors such as rising demand for cell-based vaccines and therapeutics, the rapid growth of biologics and biosimilar industry, and increasing R&D and availability of funding for cell therapy research. Many of the current biologics in the pipeline are targeting the indications, which are small-molecule...
“Sialorrhoea – Pipeline Insight, 2021,” report provides comprehensive insights about 3+ companies and 3+ pipeline drugs in Sialorrhoea pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule...
“Protein 50S ribosomal subunit inhibitors– Pipeline Insight, 2021,” report provides comprehensive insights about 3+ companies and 3+ pipeline drugs in Protein 50S ribosomal subunit inhibitors pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment...