Smart Home in Asia-Pacific: Telco State of Play and New Approaches to Service Monetization
- March 2020 •
- 23 pages •
- Report ID: 5876085 •
- Format: PDF
Smart Home in Asia-Pacific: Telco State of Play and New Approaches to Service Monetization, a new Telecom Insider Report , provides an executive-level overview of the smart home market in Asia-Pacific (APAC).It delivers deep qualitative insights into the smart home market and smart home ecosystem dynamics in the region.
It also analyzes key new monetization approaches being implemented in APAC.
Over the past few years, a number of Asia-Pacific telecom operators have been active in the smart home space, launching and expanding their smart home portfolios. This report analyses recent telco smart home developments, portfolios and proposition details in the region.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Introduction: an overview of the smart home ecosystem and segmentation of smart home solutions in APAC.
- Smart Home State of Play in APAC: an analysis of recent telco smart home developments, portfolios and proposition details in the region.
- New Approaches to Service Monetization: this section offers selected APAC telco case studies, detailing their smart home value propositions and monetization approaches.
- Key findings and recommendations: the report concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for telcos on how to approach the smart home market and evolve their current strategies in order to benefit from the smart home opportunity.
- The smart home scene is relatively underdeveloped in Asia-Pacific with the exception of a handful of developed countries - South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, China, and Australia.
- The analyzed sample of Asia-Pacific telcos shows a smart home portfolio focus mainly on smart lighting, smart appliances, and smart security.
- AI-endabled voice assistants are increasingly present in telco smart home offerings.
- Service and device bundling is becoming more prominent in the region, in particular, with IPTV and fiber Internet.
- Telcos are pursuing several monetization approaches for smart home services.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the telco smart home ecosystem as well as the categorization of smart home solutions in Asia-Pacific. It helps executives understand smart home market dynamics, determine the state of play, formulate effective product development plans and optimize return on investment.
- The report examines three telco smart home service case studies, providing insights around go-to-market strategies, positioning and monetization approaches (direct and indirect monetization). This will help telecom executives craft smart home strategies in their pursuit of additional revenue, lower churn and improved customer experience.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities in the smart home market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for smart home market participants, specifically telecom service providers.