Nigeria Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
- March 2020 •
- 41 pages •
- Report ID: 5878074 •
- Format: PDF
"Nigeria: Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report , provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Nigeria today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Nigeria will be led by revenue growth in mobile data, fixed broadband, and pay-TV segments. Mobile data will be the fastest growing segment with a CAGR of 14.4%. Rising mobile Internet subscriptions and growing data ARPS over the forecast period will drive mobile data revenues from US$1.84 billion in 2019 to US$3.99 billion by 2024. Fixed broadband revenue will grow from US$54.1 million in 2019 to US$95.8 million by 2024, driven by growth in broadband subscriptions in line with ongoing coverage expansions.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Nigeria.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Nigeria will grow at a CAGR of 4.7% over 2019-2024.
- Mobile revenue will account for 92.0% of the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2024.
- 3G will remain the leading technology till 2023 while 4G will surpass 3G in 2024 to account for 49.6% share of the total mobile subscriptions by 2024.
- Top three operators MTN Nigeria, Airtel Nigeria, and Glo Nigeria accounted for 90.9% of total subscriptions in 2019.
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Nigeria’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Nigeria’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Nigeria’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Nigeria.