UK Haircare - Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2024
- April 2020 •
- 111 pages •
- Report ID: 5890924 •
- Format: PDF
The UK haircare sector is led by the shampoo category in both value and volume terms in 2019.Furthermore, the shampoo category is forecast to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2019-2024.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel in distribution of haircare products in the country. Procter & Gamble, L`Oreal S.A. and Unilever the leading companies in the UK haircare sector. Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the sector. Older consumers (55+ years) accounted for the highest consumption of haircare products in the country.
This report on the Haircare sector in the UK provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2024
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for conditioner, hair colorants, hair loss treatments, perms & relaxers, salon hair care, shampoo and styling agents with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2019-2024
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2019
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, chemists/pharmacies, convenience stores, department stores, direct sellers, health & beauty stores, hypermarkets & supermarkets, parapharmacies/drugstores, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, e-retailers other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, paper & board, rigid plastics, and rigid metal; pack type for: tube, jar, bottle, bag/sachet, tub, aerosol, carton-folding, stand up pouch and other pack type, closure type for: flip/snap top, dispenser, screw top, cap, prize off, twist off, sports cap and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, blister pack, sleeve and shrink wrap.
- The per capita consumption of haircare was higher in the UK compared to the both regional and global levels in 2019
- The demand for premium products in the haircare sector remains unchanged
- The per capita consumption of shampoo products was higher than other haircare categories in 2019
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the UK haircare sector
- Private labels are growing at a higher CAGR than brands in the UK haircare sector
- Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the UK haircare sector
- Shampoo is the leading category across the top 10 cities in the UK
- Consumption of haircare products is higher among women compared to men in the UK
Reasons to Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate.
- It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.