Strategic actions that destinations can take vol. 2: Case Study
- April 2020 •
- 16 pages •
- Report ID: 5890975 •
- Format: PDF
COVID-19 is threatening many tourist destinations. They are experiencing a huge economic loss from drastic decreases in tourism numbers.
Tourism businesses and authorities can take strategic actions to reduce the impacts and restore tourism demand.
Tourist destinations must take action now and continue to do so once COVID-19 has been controlled to minimize negative impacts and restore tourism
- The tourism industry has seen detrimental impacts. More impacts and consequences from COVID-19 are being announced daily. The effect on economies and livelihoods quickly evolved from severe to catastrophic. For many countries, travel and tourism play a large and critical role in the economy. International travel has come to an abrupt halt. Publicized bans and restrictions have severely hampered the airline industry. This means tourist destinations have seen a drastic decrease in tourism numbers.
- Tourism officials and companies are reacting to the evolving news and updates. This means more large events are being cancelled or postponed. Further restrictions and announcements are impacting tourism destinations and it can be suggested that tourism reliant destinations may not rebound from this.
- This is due to many tourism companies being under threat of closing permanently if governments do not provide help such as bailouts. This highlights why destinations must take strategic actions now rather than after the pandemic when it may be too late.
- This report provides an insight into what actions destinations can take to keep prospective travellers engaged at this trying time.
- It also provides case studies from each region looking at specific examples of the kind of strategies being adopted.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain an overview of the current global COVID-19 situation
- Understand the impact that COVID-19 is having on destinations
- Look at the measures destinations can take to keep travellers engaged
- Examine examples of strategies being employed
- Understand what the future may hold for destinations