Hormone Receptor (HR) positive/ Human Epidermal Receptor 2 (HER2) negative Breast Cancer-Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast–2030
- May 2020 •
- 200 pages •
- Report ID: 5891573 •
- Format: PDF
‘Hormone Receptor (HR) positive/ Human Epidermal Receptor 2 (HER2) negative Breast Cancer-Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast–2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the HR-positive/ HER2-negative breast cancer, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the HR-positive/ HER2-negative breast cancer market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The HR-positive/ HER2-negative breast cancer market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, and market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted 7MM HR-positive/ HER2-negative breast cancer market size from 2017 to 2030. The Report also covers current HR-positive/ HER2-negative breast cancer treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
• The United States
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017–2030
HR-positive/ HER2-negative breast cancer Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
HR-positive/ HER2-negative breast cancer Overview
Breast cancer initiates when abnormal cancerous cells in the breast grow and multiply without stopping, creating a tumor. It usually form in the ducts or lobules of the breast. Cancer cells get many signals that drive their growth. These signals may take the form of hormones. Hormone receptors are proteins that receive hormone signals and initiate the cancer cells to growth. If breast cancer cells get signals from the hormone estrogen that could promote tumor growth, it is known as estrogen receptor-positive (ER+) breast cancer. If cancerous cells receives signals from the hormone progesterone that could promote growth, it is known as progesterone receptor-positive (PR+) breast cancer. Breast cancer that is ER-positive or PR-positive falls under the category of hormone receptor-positive (HR+) breast cancer. Breast cancer cells may have one, both, or none of these receptors.
HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer is the most common form of breast cancer and also accounts for a higher percentage of all breast cancers. HR-positive cancer is usually treated with hormone therapies or a combination of hormone therapies with targeted therapy to help to stop tumor growth. Hormone therapies helps to prevent the cancer cells from receiving the estrogen for their growth. HR-positive tumors have a slightly lower chance of breast cancer coming back in the first few years after diagnosis than HR- tumors.
HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer Diagnosis
The diagnosis of breast cancer depends on the presentation of the lesion by mammographic screening, other radiological imaging (such as ultrasound) or by a physical presence. It is important to combine the radiologic assessment of the entire affected breast and the contralateral breast with the general health of the woman, for the examination of breast cancer diagnosis method used are Imaging test (Diagnostic mammography, Ultrasound and MRI), Biopsy, Genomic test to predict recurrence risk and Hormone Receptor Assays.
continued in the report…..
HR-positive/HER2-negative Breast Cancer Treatment
Breast Cancer is a highly heterogeneous disease and its successful management implies a multidisciplinary approach, which requires both local disease control and tailored systemic adjuvant therapy. Estrogen receptor (ER) expression is the main indicator of potential responses to hormonal therapy, and most of the human Breast Cancers are hormone-dependent and ER-Positive. A number of classes of anti-estrogenic agents available for patients with early, advanced, or metastatic breast cancer which includes selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs), aromatase inhibitors (AIs), and a selective estrogen receptor degrader. However, the clinical development of combinations of antiestrogenic therapy with targeted agents that inhibit the phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase (PI3K)/akt murine thymoma viral oncogene (AKT)/mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitor (mTOR) signaling pathway or the cyclin-dependent kinase 4/6 (CDK4/6) pathway at the G1/S checkpoint of the cell cycle is currently a key focus of clinical research in patients with Hormone-Receptor Positive Breast Cancer who have demonstrated disease recurrence or progression.
The report covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies available in the HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market for the treatment of the various types of breast cancer. It also provides the treatment guidelines and algorithms of the United States and Europe. The HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market report gives a thorough understanding of HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer by including details such as disease definition, causes, risk factors, pathogenesis, and diagnosis.
HR-positive/HER2-negative Breast cancer Epidemiology
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted epidemiology segmented by Incidence of Breast Cancer, Diagnosed Incidence of HR+/HER2- post-menopausal early stage Breast Cancer, Diagnosed Incidence of HR+/HER2- post-menopausal metastatic Breast Cancer and Diagnosed Incidence of HR+/HER2- post-menopausal Breast Cancer scenario of breast cancer in the 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and United Kingdom) and Japan from 2017 to 2030.
• This section provides glimpses of the HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer epidemiology in the 7MM.
• As per analysis, the total Incident Population of Breast Cancer in the 7MM was found to be 626,867 in 2017.
• The estimates show higher incidence of Breast Cancer in the United States with 266,120 cases in 2017.
• Amongs EU5, Germany show higher incidence of Breast Cancer followed by Italy and France, UK and Spain respectively
Country Wise- HR-positive/HER2-negative Breast Cancer Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer Drug Chapters
The drug chapter segment of the HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer report encloses the detailed analysis of HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer marketed drugs, mid phase and late stage (phase III) pipeline drugs. It also helps to understand the HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug and the latest news and press releases.
HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer Marketed Drugs
Ibrance (Palbociclib) developed by Pfizer, is a kinase inhibitor indicated for the treatment of adult patients with hormone receptor (HR)-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-negative advanced or metastatic breast cancer. In February 2015, Pfizer received accelerated approval of ibrance from the US FDA. The drug is the first CDK 4/6 inhibitor approved in the US, in combination with letrozole, for the treatment of postmenopausal women with estrogen receptor-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative (ER+/HER2-) advanced breast cancer as initial endocrine-based therapy for their metastatic disease.
Products detail in the report…
Piqray (BYL719; ALPESLIB) is an orally bioavailable, alpha-specific PI3K inhibitor developed by Novartis. In breast cancer cell lines harboring PIK3CA mutations, BYL719 has been shown to potentially inhibit the PI3K pathway and have antiproliferative effects.
Products detail in the report…
Lynparza: AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
Lynparza is a poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor including PARP1, PARP2, and PARP3. It is used in patients with deleterious or suspected deleterious gBRCAm, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-negative metastatic breast cancer who have been treated with chemotherapy in the neoadjuvant, adjuvant or metastatic setting.
Products detail in the report…
Verzenio: Eli Lilly
Verzenio (Abemaciclib) is indicated for the treatment of women with hormone receptor (HR)-positive in combination with fulvestrant. It is also used for treatment of human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-negative advanced or metastatic breast cancer with disease progression following endocrine therapy. And used as monotherapy for the treatment of adult patients with HR-positive, HER2-negative advanced or metastatic breast cancer with disease progression following endocrine therapy and prior chemotherapy in the metastatic setting.
Products detail in the report…
HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer Emerging Drugs
SHR6390: Jiangsu HengRui Medicine Co.
SHR6390 is cyclin-dependent kinases 4 and 6 (CDK4/6) developed by Jiangsu HengRui Medicine, are the key components of cell cycle progression and are dysregulated in cancers. Inhibition of CDK4/6 induces G1 phase cell cycle arrest, therefore retards tumor growth.
Products detail in the report…
Tesetaxel: Odonate Therapeutics
Tesetaxel (formerly known as DJ-927) is an investigational, orally administered chemotherapy agent developed by Odonate Therapeutics, belongs to a class of drugs known as taxanes, which are widely used in the treatment of cancer. This is an orally administered chemotherapy.
Products detail in the report…
Elacestrant: Radius Pharmaceuticals
Elacestrant (RAD1901) is an investigational product candidate of Radius Pharmaceutical. The drug is a selective estrogen receptor degrader (SERD), for potential use in the treatment of hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer. It is currently being investigated in women with advanced estrogen receptor-positive (ER-positive) and human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative (HER2-negative) breast cancer, the most common subtype of the disease.
Products detail in the report…
Sacituzumab govitecan (IMMU-132) is an advanced product candidate, which is a novel, first-in-class antibody-drug conjugate (ADC). Sacituzumab govitecan is an ADC that contains SN-38, the active metabolite of irinotecan, approved by many Health Authorities, including the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a chemotherapeutic for patients with cancer.
Products detail in the report…
HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer Market Outlook
The stage (extent) of the breast cancer is an important factor in making decisions about treatment. Most women with breast cancer in stages I, II, or III are treated with surgery, often followed by radiation therapy. Many women also get some kind of drug therapy. Most women with breast cancer in stages I to III will get some kind of drug therapy as part of their treatment. This may include chemotherapy, hormone therapy (tamoxifen, an aromatase inhibitor, or one followed by the other), HER2 targeted drugs, such as trastuzumab (Herceptin) and pertuzumab (Perjeta), and some combination of these. The types of drugs that might work best depend on the tumor’s hormone receptor status, HER2 status, and other factors
The HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market outlook of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historic, current and forecasted HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers, and demand of better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer 7MM is expected to change in the study period 2017–2030.
• The market size of HR-positive/HER2-negative postmenopausal breast cancer in the 7MM was found to be USD 5,237.2 million in 2017.
• Among the 7MM countries, the United States had the highest market size of HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer in 2017, which accounts for approximately 80.51% of the total market.
The United States Market Outlook
This section provides the total HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market size and market size by therapies in the United States.
EU-5 Market Outlook
The total HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market size and market size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom are provided in this section.
Japan Market Outlook
The total HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market size and market size by therapies in Japan are provided.
HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer Drugs Uptake
This section focusses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched in the HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2017–2030. The analysis covers HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs and allow the comparison of the drugs on the basis of market share and size which again will be useful in investigating factors important in market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
HR-positive/HER2-negative Breast Cancer Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, and phase III stage. It also analyzes key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing and patent details for HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer emerging therapies.
Reimbursement Scenario in HR-positive/HER2-negative Breast Cancer
Approaching reimbursement proactively can have a positive impact both during the late stages of product development and well after product launch. In the report, we take reimbursement into consideration to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business and price strategy.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform competitive and market Intelligence analysis of the HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market by using various competitive intelligence tools that include–SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
• The report covers the descriptive overview of HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathogenesis and currently available therapies.
• Comprehensive insight has been provided into the HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer epidemiology and treatment.
• Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer are provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape.
• A detailed review of HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering the 7MM drug outreach.
• The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the 7MM HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market.
• In the coming years, HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
• The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
• Major players are involved in developing therapies for HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer. Launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market.
• Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (phase III and phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer Report Insights
• Patient Population
• Therapeutic Approaches
• HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer Pipeline Analysis
• HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer Market Size and Trends
• Market Opportunities
• Impact of upcoming Therapies
HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer Report Key Strengths
• Eleven Years Forecast
• 7MM Coverage
• HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer Epidemiology Segmentation
• Key Cross Competition
• Highly Analyzed Market
• Drugs Uptake
HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer Report Assessment
• Current Treatment Practices
• Unmet Needs
• Pipeline Product Profiles
• Market Attractiveness
• Market Drivers and Barriers
• What was the HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market share (%) distribution in 2017 and how it would look like in 2030?
• What would be the HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer total market size as well as market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• What are the key findings pertaining to the market across the 7MM and which country will have the largest HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market size during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• At what CAGR, the HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market is expected to grow at the 7MM level during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• What would be the HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• What would be the HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market growth till 2030 and what will be the resultant market size in the year 2030?
• How would the market drivers, barriers and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
• What is the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer`?
• What is the historical HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer patient pool in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the UK) and Japan?
• What would be the forecasted patient pool of HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer at the 7MM level?
• What will be the growth opportunities across the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer?
• Out of the above-mentioned countries, which country would have the highest incident population of HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• At what CAGR the population is expected to grow across the 7MM during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs and Emerging Therapies:
• What are the current options for the treatment of HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer along with the approved therapy?
• What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer in the US and Europe?
• What are the HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety and efficacy, etc.?
• How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer?
• How many therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer?
• How many emerging therapies are in the mid-stage and late stage of development for the treatment of HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer?
• What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer therapies?
• What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
• What are the clinical studies going on for HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer and their status?
• What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer?
• What are the 7MM historical and forecasted market of HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer?
Reasons to buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer.
- To understand the future market competition in the HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market.
- To understand the future market competition in the HR-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer market.