Colorectal Cancer: Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2028
Summary Colorectal cancer (CRC) occurs in the large intestine or large bowel.It is the third most common cancer globally and is one of the most common causes of cancer deaths in the world.
Early stage CRC is commonly treated with surgery, while metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) treatment is dominated by fluorouracil chemotherapy regimens in combination with angiogenesis inhibitors, primarily Roche’s Avastin, and epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitors.
The analyst valued the CRC market at $6.4B in 2018. This market is defined as sales of generic chemotherapy and major branded drugs commonly prescribed for CRC patients across the 8MM. The analyst expects the market to increase to $8.1B in 2028 at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 2.4%. This global growth is driven by the anticipated approval and launch of 9 pipeline therapies and label expansion of other agents, but will likely be tempered by marked generic erosion of the majority of the currently marketed branded therapies available in 2018.
Key Highlights - The main drivers of growth include the anticipated approval and launch of 9 pipeline therapies, in addition to label expansions of currently marketed therapies across the 8MM during the forecast period.
- The main barriers to growth in the 8MM include the patent expiry of major brands and the high price of premium priced therapeutics entering the market.
- The rapidly growing aging population will lead to an increase in the CRC incident case in the markets covered in this report. Overall, the diagnosed incident cases of CRC across the 8MM are expected to increase by an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 1.9% from 2018-2028.
- The analyst found that there is a large unmet need for the identification of new targets and biomarkers to guarantee the optimal integration of current and future therapies into the treatment paradigm and to improve patient outcomes.
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
- Nine late-stage pipeline agents are going to enter the mCRC market from 2018 onwards. What impact will these agents have on the market? Which of these drugs will have the highest peak sales, and why?
- What are the current unmet needs in mCRC and which pipeline agents are positioned to counter these unmet needs? What are the opportunities for R&D?
- What is the market outlook in the 8MM from 2018-2028? Considering major patent expiries, launch of new premium priced agents and expected label expansions.
- What are the main corporate trends? Who are the current and future players?
Scope - Overview of metastatic colorectal cancer including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Topline metastatic colorectal cancer market revenue, annual cost of therapy, and major pipeline product sales in the forecast period.
- Key topics covered include current treatment and pipeline therapies, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting metastatic colorectal cancer therapeutics sales in the 8MM.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global metastatic colorectal cancer therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to Buy The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies, using a detailed overview of current pipeline products and technologies to identify companies with the most robust pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global metastatic colorectal cancer therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global metastatic colorectal cancer cancer market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global metastatic colorectal cancer therapeutics market from 2018-2028.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Gallbladder Cancer - Pipeline Review, H2 2020
latest Pharmaceutical and Healthcare disease pipeline guide Gallbladder Cancer - Pipeline Review, H2 2020, provides an overview of the Gallbladder Cancer (Oncology) pipeline landscape.
Gallbladder cancer is a cancer that starts in...
Melanoma - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2029
Melanoma of the skin is a serious and aggressive form of cancer originating from melanocytes, the pigment cells in skin, and can develop anywhere on the body.Although melanoma has high survivability, it remains a significant health...
Myelodysplastic Syndrome: Epidemiology Forecast to 2028
MDS are rare and a diverse group of clonal hematopoietic malignancies characterized by cytogenetic and molecular abnormalities, causing bone marrow failure and risk of progression to AML.MDS can affect people of any age but usually...
The global medical linear accelerator market is growing at a CAGR of over 7% during the forecast period 2019–2025. The growing prevalence of cancer worldwide, coupled with rapid technological advancements and increased healthcare expenditure, is expected to boost the market growth. Linear accelerators (LINAC) are considered as breakthrough...
Multiple Myeloma: Epidemiology Forecast to 2027 Summary Multiple myeloma (MM) (International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, 10th Revision [ICD-10] code = C90.0) is a hematologic cancer that forms in a type of white blood cell called a plasma cell. In 2017,...
Multiple Myeloma: Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2027 Summary The Multiple Myeloma (MM) market is expected to grow from $14.5bn in 2017 to $27.8bn by 2027 across the 8 major markets (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, and China) at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.7%....
The oncology nutrition market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.7% between 2018 and 2023. The oncology nutrition market is expected to reach USD 2.21 billion by 2023 from USD 1.46 billion in 2018, at a CAGR of 8.7%. The overall growth of the market is largely driven by the shifting focus from parenteral to enteral nutrition,...
Circulating tumor cells (CTCs) have tremendous utility in cancer research, aiding researchers in deciphering the complex processes leading to cancer metastasis and in developing more effective cancer therapeutics. Besides the research applications, the detection and analysis of CTCs has enormous potential in the diagnosis and management of...
Over the years, the nuclear medicine equipment market has witnessed various advancements in products and their approvals to meet the needs of patients and the radiologists. These advancements have led to the improved use of many existing nuclear medicine equipment as well as the introduction of some new ones. In 2015, the SPECT systems...
This report, the World Market for Cancer Therapeutics presents a detailed picture of the market for cancer drugs, with a focus on novel therapies. The market analysis in this report includes analysis of products avaiable for each cancer type (Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Stomach Cancer, Lymphoma, Colon Cancer and Other types)...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.