2024 Global Automated Microbiology Market for over 100 Molecular, Identification, Susceptibility, Culture, Urine Screening and Immunodiagnostic Tests: US, Europe, Japan--Competitive Strategies, Emerging Technologies, Latest Instrumentation, Growth Opportunities
LeadingMarketResearch.com's new report is a seven-country strategic analysis of the major business opportunities emerging in the automated microbiology market during the next five years. The report examines key trends in the U.S., five major European countries (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK) and Japan; reviews current and emerging assays; analyzes potential applications of innovative diagnostic technologies; forecasts volume and sales for molecular diagnostic, microbial identification, antibiotic susceptibility, blood culture, urine screening and immunodiagnostic procedures, as well as over 100 infectious disease tests by assay, application, market segment, and country; profiles leading players and potential market entrants; and suggests alternative business expansion strategies for suppliers.
The level of automation in the microbiology laboratory has been lagging behind that of other major clinical laboratory segments, such as chemistry and hematology. The slow acceptance of the technology is in part due to the complexity of developing automation suitable for microbiology tests.
The introduction of automated microbiology instrumentation has been delayed by a number of intrinsic and technical problems. The diffusion of automated microbiology systems, once the technology was developed, has not matched that of other automated laboratory technologies. The acquisition of automation in microbiology has been slowed by forces less easily identifiable than the effects of various reimbursement plans. Some laboratorians still believe that current instrumentation is not the ultimate technology and expect better automation on the horizon.
The driving force behind the need for rapid reporting of microbiological test results is the clinical relevance in a time of financial austerity, a time when cost and health care effectiveness to the patient and diagnostician looms ever larger, and where after-the-fact results at high expense are coming under severe scrutiny worldwide.
This comprehensive seven-country report will assist diagnostics industry executives, as well as companies planning to diversify into the dynamic and rapidly expanding microbiology market, in evaluating emerging opportunities and developing effective business strategies.
Worldwide Market Overview
- Estimated universe of laboratories performing microbiology testing by country.
- Specimen, test volume and sales forecasts by country.
France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, UK, USA
Market Segmentation Analysis
- Sales and market shares for major suppliers by individual test and country.
- Volume and sales forecasts for over 100 infectious disease assays by individual test and country:
- Test volume estimates by method (molecular, serology/immunodiagnostics, culture/microscopy).
- Review of the market dynamics, trends, structure, size, growth and major suppliers by country.
- Sterile Fluids: Blood, Serum, CSF
- Throat Swabs, Respiratory Secretions
- Genital Secretions
- Antibiotic Susceptibility
- Urine Screening
- Blood Cultures
Review of Major Automated Systems
- Review of major automated molecular diagnostic, multipurpose, specialized, microbial identification, antibiotic susceptibility, blood culture, urine screening, and immunodiagnostic analyzers marketed by Abbott, Alifax, BD, Beckman Coulter/Danaher, Biolog, bioMerieux, Bio-Rad, Cepheid, Curetis, GenMark, Hologic, HTG, Labsystems, Qiagen, Roche, Siemens Healthineers, Sy-Lab, Sysmex, Tecan, Thermo Fisher, Tosoh and other suppliers.
Infectious Diseases Analyzed in the Report
AIDS/HIV, Adenovirus, Aeromonads, Bartonella, Blastocystis Hominis, Campylobacter, Candida, Chancroid, Chlamydia, Clostridium, Coronavirus, Coxsackievirus, Cryptosporidium, Cyclospora, CMV, E. Coli, Echovirus, Encephalitis, Enterovirus, EBV, Giardia, Gonorrhea, Granuloma Inguinale, Hantavirus, H. Pylori, Hepatitis, Herpes Influenza, Legionella, Lyme, Lymphogranuloma, Malaria, Measles, Meningitis, Microsporidium, Mononucleosis, Mumps, Mycoplasma, HPV, Parvovirus, Pneumonia, Polyomaviruses, Pseudomonas, Rabies, RSV, Rhinovirus, Rotavirus , Rubella, Salmonella, Septicemia, Shigella, Staphylococci, Streptococci, Syphilis, Toxoplasmosis, Trichomonas, TB, Vibrio, West Nile, Yersinia.
- Assessment of molecular diagnostic, monoclonal antibody, immunoassay, and other technologies and their potential applications for the microbiology market.
- Global listings of companies developing or marketing microbiology products by individual test.
- Strategic assessments of major suppliers and emerging market entrants, including their sales, product portfolios, marketing tactics, collaborative arrangements and new products in RandD.
- The companies analyzed in the report include Abbott Laboratories, Agilent Technologies, Beckman Coulter/Danaher, bioMerieux, Bio-Rad, DiaSorin, Eiken Chemical, Fujirebio, Grifols, Instrumentation Laboratory/Werfen, Kyowa Medex, Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, PerkinElmer, Quest Diagnostics, Roche, Siemens Healthineers, Sysmex, Thermo Fisher, Tosoh, and Wako.
Opportunities and Strategic Recommendations
- Emerging opportunities for new analyzers, reagents kits, IT and other products with significant market appeal during the next five years.
- Design criteria for decentralized testing products.
- Alternative market penetration strategies.
- Potential market entry barriers and risks.
Contains 821 pages and 371 tablesCompanies Profiled
- Agilent Technologies
- Applied Gene Technologies
- Arca Biopharma
- Beckman Coulter/Danaher
- Becton Dickinson
- Decode Genetics
- Eiken Chemical
- Elitech Group
- Enzo Biochem
- Exact Sciences
- GSK Biologicals
- Leica Biosystems
- Li-Cor Biosciences
- Myriad Genetics
- Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics
- Proteome Sciences
- Siemens Healthineers
- Sierra Molecular
- Takara Bio
- Tecan Group
- Thermo Fisher