In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Japan Data Center Market Report
The Japan data center market size was valued at USD 7 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 10 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 7% during 2021-2026.
Japan is a mature data center market in the APAC region and has a strong presence as a corporate hub and global financial center. Other than being economically forward, it is also a leader in technology, robotics, and machine learning. The country hosts over 22 third-party data center service providers operating over 90 facilities. In addition, the country also includes several on-premise or dedicated data centers owned by local enterprises. Japan is one of the major connectivity hubs owing to its strategic location.
The report considers the present scenario of the Japanese data center market and its market dynamics for the forecast period 2021?2026. It covers a detailed overview of several growth enablers, restraints, and trends in the market. The study includes the demand and supply aspects of the market.
Key Highlights Of The Report:
• Growing investments in start-ups such as FinTech and e-commerce using big data analytics and IoT applications is expected to increase the demand for all flash storage devices.
• The rise in digital transformation and the adoption of cloud computing by enterprises due to because of the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to increase cloud server adoption in Japan.
• The implementation of 5G networks will increase the usage of new class ethernet switches among data centers in Japan.
• The price of lithium-ion batteries has decreased over the years, which have observed high demand for lithium-ion UPS systems.
• The share of diesel generators is expected to decline, with the adoption of gas generators in the market as they are fuel efficient and environment friendly.
• Monitored and metered/switched PDUs will experience strong adoption in the market owing to the growing awareness of end-to-end power monitoring in data centers during the forecast period.
• The Japanese data center market is dominated by direct free cooling solutions that will increase the adoption of duct systems in the facilities.
• Evaporative and water-based economizer solutions support the adoption of pipes and valves in N+N redundancy.
• Greenfield projects will witness an increased investment from local and global data center providers as they aim to expand their presence.
• The DCIM adoption is likely to grow in the future as man-hours are reduced to handle critical data center tasks.
• Infrastructure level monitoring is likely to increase than end-to-end facility management.
Japan Data Center Maket Insights
• In 2020, Tokyo and Osaka were major data center investment destinations. Other regions such as Kobe, Nagoya, and Yokohama are expected to grow during the forecast period.
• The cloud market in Japan was around USD 10 billion in 2020, including private and public clouds, which is expected to be valued at over USD 16 billion by 2023.
• Sectors such as BFSI, healthcare, education, hospitality, government, and transport have migrated their resources to the cloud platform.
• IoT-enabled devices have witnessed high acceptance in Japan, especially for monitoring and surveillance purposes, especially in the healthcare sector during the outbreak of the pandemic.
• In 2020, Equinix and GIC formed a joint venture to develop xScale data centers in Japan supporting 138 MW on full-build.
• The Japanese government has developed several policies to increase the supply of renewable energy and is expected to reach 24% of the energy mix by 2030.
• The Japan Government is more focused to promote local companies, hence there are several challenges that foreign companies could face while setting up a business.
Japan Data Center Market Vendor Landscape
Japan has a strong presence of regional data center providers. It is one of the fastest-growing digital markets in the world. Japan has evolved into an international data center market driven by global hyperscale cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google, Microsoft Azure, and IBM, expanding in the Tokyo and Osaka regions. Cisco Systems, Fujitsu, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), Hitachi Vantara, Huawei Technologies, IBM, Inspur, Lenovo, NEC, and NetApp are the leading IT infrastructure provider operators in Japan.
IT Infrastructure Providers
• Cisco Systems
• Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
• Hitachi Vantara
• Huawei Technologies
Construction Service Providers
• Fuji Furukawa Engineering & Construction
• Hibiya Engineering
• Kajima Corporation
• Keihanshin Building
• MARCAI DESIGN
• Meiho Facility Works
• NTT FACILITIES
• Obayashi Corporation
Support Infrastructure Providers
• Fuji Electric
• HITEC Power Protection
• Kawasaki Heavy Industries
• Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
• Rolls-Royce Power Systems
• Schneider Electric
• Vertiv Group
Data Center Investors
• AT TOKYO
• AirTrunk Operating
• ARTERIA Networks
• Colt Data Centre Services
• IDC Frontier
• Internet Initiative Japan (IIJ)
• MC Digital Realty
• NTT Communications
• SCSK Corporation (netXDC)
• TIS INTEC Group
• Qualysite Technologies
Report Coverage: This report offers analysis on the Japan Data Center market share and elaborative analysis of the existing and upcoming facilities, datacenter investments in terms of IT, electrical, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, and geography. It discusses market sizing and estimation for different segments with respect to the investment in the facilities. The segmentation includes:
Exisiting Vs. Upcoming Data Centers
• Existing Facilities in the country (Area and Power Capacity)
o Tokyo (No. of facilities: 57)
o Osaka (No. of facilities: 14)
o Other Cities (No. of facilities: 22)
• List of Upcoming Facilities in the region (Area and Power Capacity)
Market Segmentation by Infrastructure Type
• IT Infrastructure
• Electrical Infrastructure
• Mechanical Infrastructure
• General Construction
Market Segmentation by IT Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by Electrical Infrastructure
• Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)
• Transfer Switches and Switchgears
• Other Electrical Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by Mechanical Infrastructure
• Cooling Systems
• Rack Cabinets
• Other Mechanical Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by Cooling Systems
• CRAC & CRAH Units
• Cooling Towers, & Condensers, and Dry Coolers
• Economizers & Evaporative Coolers
• Other Cooling Units
Market Segmentation by General Construction
• Building Development
• Installation and Commissioning Services
• Building Design
• Physical Security
Market Segmentation by Tier Segments
• Tier I & Tier II
• Tier III
• Tier IV
Market Segmentation by Geography
• Datacenter Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT)
• Datacenter Construction Contractors
• Datacenter Infrastructure Providers
• New Entrants
• Consultants/Consultancies/Advisory Firms
• Corporate and Governments Agencies
Why Should You Buy This Research?
• Market size available in the area, power capacity, investment, and colocation revenue.
• An assessment of the Japan data center investment in the market by colocation, hyperscale, and enterprise operators
• Data center investments in terms of area (square feet) and power capacity (MW) across cities in the country
• A detailed study of the existing Japan data center market landscape, an in-depth industry analysis, and insightful predictions about the Japan data center market size during the forecast period
• Snapshot of existing and upcoming third-party facilities in Japan
o Facilities Covered (Existing): 93
o Facilities Identified (Upcoming): 8
o Coverage: 21 Cities
o Existing vs Upcoming (Data Center Area)
o Existing vs Upcoming (IT Load Capacity)
• Data center colocation market in Japan
o Market Revenue & Forecast (2020-2026)
o Retail Colocation Pricing
o Wholesale Colocation Pricing
• Classification of the Japan data center market investments into multiple segments and sub-segments (IT, power, cooling, and general construction services) with market sizing and forecast
• A comprehensive analysis of the latest trends, growth rate, potential opportunities, and growth restraints, and future prospects for the data center market
• Business overview and product offerings of prominent IT infrastructure providers, construction contractors, support infrastructure providers, and data center investors operating in the market
• A transparent research methodology and the analysis of the demand and supply aspect of the market
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Western Europe and Nordic Data Center Market Report
The Western Europe and Nordic data center market by investment is expected to grow at a CAGR of approx. 4% during the period 2020–2026.
The market witnessed supply chain-related challenges...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Netherlands Data Center Market Report
Netherlands Data Center Market Size Will Witness Investments of USD 4.5 Billion By 2026, Growing at a CAGR of 5.30% During 2021–2026.
The Netherlands is a mature data center market in Western Europe...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Australia Data Center Market Report
The Australia Data Center Market Size Will Witness Investments Of Usd 40 Million By 2026
Greenfield development is increasing with both global and local data center providers acquiring land for data center...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Hong Kong Data Center Market Report
The Hong Kong Data Center Market Size Will Witness Investments Of USD 4 Billion By 2026, Growing At a CAGR Of 2% During 2021-2026
Hong Kong is one of the most advanced data center markets in the APAC market....
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Indonesia Data Center Market Report
Indonesia data center market size will witness investments of USD 13 million by 2026
Indonesia is witnessing considerable growth in data center services and is the second largest data center market among...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this India Data Center Market Report
The India data center market size will witness investments of USD 8 billion by 2026
India is one of the developing data center markets in the APAC region. The data center market includes around 23 unique third-party...
The Australian data center market is estimated to register a CAGR of about 4.5% during the forecast period (2021 to 2026). The growing cloud computing`(further fueled due to COVID-19), increasing cloud computing among SMEs, government regulations for local data security, and growing investment by domestic players are some of the major factors...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this France Data Center Market Report
France data center market is growing at a CAGR of 3.39% during 2021-2026.
The data center market in France includes about 43 unique third-party data center service providers operating over 130 facilities. COVID-19...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Sweden Data Center Market Report Sweden data center market size to reach CAGR of 7.82% during the forecast period Sweden data center market is currently witnessing investments in about nine facilities, expected to be operational in the next...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Denmark Data Center Market Report
Denmark data center market to grow at a CAGR of 9.60% during 2021–2026
According to the Investment Monitor’s Data Center Rankings for 2020, Denmark was the best place to build a data center facility across...
Greenhouse Gas Emissions
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.