Impact on Consumer Behavior in Asia-Pacific - COVID-19 Survey Snapshot - Week 10
- June 2020 •
- 17 pages •
- Report ID: 5915877 •
- Format: PDF
The analyst is carrying out weekly consumer surveys in 11 countries between 25th March and 31st May 2020, to track consumer sentiment and shopping behavior during the Coronavirus (COVID19) pandemic.The sample size is 500 respondents per country, per week.
The three countries in scope for Asia-Pacific are Australia, China and India.Questions are consistent every week, and cover consumer opinions about COVID-19, buying behavior and product choices and impact of the Coronavirus (COVID19) outbreak on consumers’ lifestyle and activities.
This report summarizes the key findings from responses in week 10.
- India continues to stand out as the country that is most concerned about the global outbreak of COVID-19 out of the three countries surveyed. However, over the past week those ‘extremely concerned’ about the outbreak of COVID-19 stayed the same with 80%. On the 10th June, India’s financial capital, Mumbai, recorded 51,000 cases of COVID-19, taking it past the peak in Wuhan, where the virus first emerged.
- Since week 5, levels of concern in China have been declining and despite the slight increase in week 8 and 9, levels of concern have continued to decline. This shows that although there is hope for the destination as locals adjust to a ‘new normal’, people’s concerns are still visible. Cases continue to be reported suggesting a second wave of infection is possible; the cases reported however still remain very low.
- As the impact on travel continues to persist, the content that a brand releases right now may help service potential pent-up demand when travel restrictions are lifted. Tips on personal health and wellbeing remain the most sought after information alongside news about initiatives a brand has adopted during the COVID-19 outbreak across all three markets.
- This report provides an insight into how the coronavirus pandemic is shaping consumer sentiment in Australia, India, and China.
- It summarizes key findings from the survey ‘s responses and offers insight into how destinations and industry players can adapt to meet changing demands and needs.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain access to primary survey data results.
- Understand how the coronavirus pandemic is changing consumer attitudes.
- Assess how you can adapt your business plans and strategies to better meet these changing needs.