Tetra Laval International SA - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series
- June 2020 •
- 18 pages •
- Report ID: 5930725 •
- Format: PDF
Tetra Laval International SA (TLI) is focused on technologies for the efficient production, packaging, and distribution of food.The company develops, manufactures and markets equipment and complete systems for animal husbandry and milk production.
It operates through the companies Tetra Pak, Sidel, and DeLaval, which carries out the development of technologies for the packaging and distribution of food.Tetra Pak offers food processing and packaging solutions; DeLaval manufactures and supplies equipment and systems for milk production and animal husbandry; and Sidel offers equipment for liquid food packaging.
The company has a presence in various countries across the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa.
Tetra Pak, by initiating smart manufacturing at its plants, has introduced ’factory of the future’ by embracing Industry 4.0 technologies such as AI, big data analytics, advanced robotics, augmented reality, industrial IoT, 3D printing, simulation, and cybersecurity.
As a part of its digital transformation initiative, Tetra Pak has also launched Plant Secure and condition monitoring smart solutions. Implementation of such solutions will help the company drive its operations efficiently and allow the workforce to make informed decisions, manage plant operations, accelerate production while reducing errors, and minimizing product waste.
The report provides information and insights into Tetra Laval’s activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies
- Overview of technology initiatives covering strategic partnerships, acquisitions and product launches
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- In January 2020, Tetra Pak enhanced its Smart Solutions Platform, a digital plant engineering solution by collaborating with Hexagon’s PPM Division, a provider of engineering software.The upgraded Plant Engineering Platform that integrates Hexagon’s software and Tetra Pak’s expertise in food production enables it to effectively collaborate with customers across the engineering process, accelerate project delivery, and speed up the deployment of digital twin technology throughout the plant operations
- In 2019, Tetra Pak partnered with Accelerace, a global accelerator program to work in collaboration with potential start-ups for enhancing its food processing technologies.
The selected start-ups will work together with Tetra Pak’s food technology experts on pilot projects to bring flexibility, customization, and automation in food processing techniques.
- Tetra Pak has developed an AI-powered system capable of taking an image of each package coming out of the production lines. The images are then fed into the deep neural network model present within the AI system for analyzing the large volumes of this data to identify packaging quality issues, predict the next possible failures, and schedule maintenance activities.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into Tetra Laval’s operations.
- Gain insights into its digital strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various partnerships and acquisitions of Tetra Laval.