Summary Global Software industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global software market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends and leading companies.
Key Highlights - The software market is defined as revenues generated from both sales of, and subscriptions to, various software packages and offerings. The market includes both signed deals that remain under contract, and the annual revenues associated with new contracts signed, within a particular calendar year. This excludes sales opportunities for third-party services providers.
- The software market is comprised of the following sectors: Business Process Applications, Data and Analytics, IT Management, Security and Other.
- Business Process Applications includes revenues from Commerce Applications, Customer Relationship Management Applications, Enterprise Resource Planning Applications, Financial Applications, Human Resource and Payroll Applications, Office Productivity Applications, Product Lifecycle Management Applications, Supply Chain Management Applications and Vertical-Specific and Packaged Applications exhaustively.
- Data and Analytics includes revenues from Artificial Intelligence Platforms, Big Data Platforms, Business Intelligence and Data Discovery Tools, Data and Content Management and Enterprise IoT (Internet of Things) Platforms exhaustively.
- IT management includes revenues from Application Lifecycle Management, Application Platforms and Containers, Integration Software, Operating Systems, Virtualization, Business Process Management, IT Service Management Tools, Database Management, System and Network Management Platforms and Storage Management exhaustively.
- Security includes revenues from Application Security, Endpoint Security Platforms, Fraud Prevention and Transactional Security, Identity and Access Management, Messaging Security, Data Protection, Security Intelligence and Management, Network Security, Server Security and Web Security exhaustively.
- The Other segment includes revenues from Cloud Computing, Communications and Collaboration, Mobility, Networking and Storage.
- Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2019 annual average exchange rates.
- The global software market had total revenues of $597.3bn in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.1% between 2015 and 2019.
- The business process applications segment was the market’s most lucrative in 2019, with total revenues of $219.4bn, equivalent to 36.7% of the market’s overall value.
- The global market has experienced strong growth rates in terms of its software market. The growth over the past five years has been driven primarily by increased mobile and cloud computing usage among businesses.
Scope - Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global software market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global software market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key software market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global software market with five year forecasts
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the global software market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the global software market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global software market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global software market?
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The global queue management system(QMS) market size to grow from USD 0.5 billion in 2020 to USD 0.6 billion by 2026, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 4.0% during the forecast period. Factors such as the increasing need to manage customer traffic and customer movement to boost productivity and the rising need to improve staff efficiency...
The manufacturing execution system market was valued at US$ 11870.6 million in 2020 and is projected to reach US$ 26090.7 million by 2028; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.9% from 2021 to 2028. At present, enterprises worldwide are giving equal importance to manufacturing execution system projects as enterprise resource planning...
The IT asset Disposition market is expected to grow from USD 14.5 billion in 2020 to USD 21.2 billion by 2026; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.9% from 2021 to 2026. The IT asset disposition market has been witnessing significant growth over the past years, mainly owing to regulatory compliances, awareness of conserving the environment,...
In order to understand the competitive landscape of major IT service vendors in the Japan IT services market, this study summarizes and analyzes the shares and the rankings by service and by industry in the Japan IT services market based on revenue. "While using COVID-19 measures as a trigger to promote labor-saving in in-house operations,...
This IDC Market Perspective analyzes announcements regarding new features around container and cloud-native data protection and data services from vendors participating in KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2021. Containers were initially aimed at new cloud-native applications, but European enterprises are now evaluating them for "lift and shift"...
DRaaS Companies are revising their long-term strategies to emerge stronger in the post-COVID pandemic scenario. After facing series of challenges such as supply chain disruption, demand fluctuations, other pressing concerns during 2020, companies are revising their strategies through modifying the composition of product portfolios, investing...
175 pages •
By The Business Research Company
• Apr 2021
Major players in the business process as a service (bpaas) market are Accenture, Wipro, Capegemini, Fujitsu and Genpact. The global business process as a service (bpaas) market is expected to grow from $66.28 billion in 2020 to $71.17 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.4%. The growth is mainly due to the companies...
The Global Email Encryption Market size is expected to reach $12.9 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 20.1% CAGR during the forecast period. One of the efficient and emerging data security solutions is encryption. It protects sensitive data from being accessed by unwanted users. With an aim to secure their confidential data, numerous...
120 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Apr 2021
IT Market in Germany 2021-2025 The analyst has been monitoring the IT market in Germany and it is poised to grow by $ 16.21 billion during 2021-2025, progressing at a CAGR of almost 3% during the forecast period. Our report on the IT market in Germany provides a holistic analysis, market size and forecast, trends, growth drivers, and challenges,...
The GDPR Services market was valued at USD 1183.2 million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 4364 million by 2026, at a CAGR of 24.3% over the forecast period 2021 - 2026. In the nearly two years, since the regulations came into effect, maintaining and establishing GDPR compliance has become a key challenge for organizations worldwide that...
Cloud Services Revenue
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.