Worldwide Data Replication and Protection Software Market Shares, 2019: A Resilient Market

Worldwide Data Replication and Protection Software Market Shares, 2019: A Resilient Market

  • July 2020 •
  • 10 pages •
  • Report ID: 5949017 •
  • Format: PDF
This IDC study examines the worldwide data replication and protection software market in calendar year 2019. The data replication and protection software market was $9.4 billion in 2019 with a 4.6% y/y growth rate. Dell Technologies, Veritas, IBM, Veeam, and Commvault remained the top 5 vendors y/y. The top 7 vendors, including Carbonite and Quest, represent 64.2% of the total market. The remaining 35.8% of the market is taken by 37 named vendors and a category of unspecified "other" vendors."The data replication and protection software market more than doubled its growth rate in 2019 compared with 2018," said Phil Goodwin, research director, Infrastructure Systems, Platforms and Technologies group at IDC. "Even though we added data replication software to the 2018 taxonomy, a market segment that has seen significant declines in recent years, the combined market grew at a strong 4.6%. It is reasonable to say that traditional backup and recovery software remains strong, even as organizations add cloud-based backup to their data protection strategies."