Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2029
Summary Pulmonary arterial hypertension is a rare, fatal cardiopulmonary disease with an annual mortality rate around 10%.The disease is a subset (Group 1) within the World Health Organization’s (WHO’s) classification of the different types of pulmonary hypertension.
PAH is characterized by an abnormal rise in the resting mean pulmonary artery pressure (PAP) (>25mmHg compared with normal levels of around 14mmHg), a pulmonary vascular resistance of more than 3 Wood units, and a pulmonary capillary wedge pressure less than 15mmHg
The PAH market 2019 sales is estimated at approximately $4.5B across the 7MM, encompassing the US, the five major European countries (5EU: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK), and Japan. By 2029, the analyst expects the overall market to grow at a moderate compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.9% to reach sales of $7.2B over the 10-year period. The 5EU market is anticipated to grow the fastest of the three regions, recording a CAGR of 7.3%, while the US and Japan will record CAGRs of 4.3% and 0.4%, respectively. At the end of 2029, the US will contribute around 72% of global sales, while the 5EU and Japan will account for 26% and 2% of global sales, respectively. The higher sales numbers for the US can be attributed to the higher price of pharmaceuticals and the greater diagnosed prevalence of PAH in the region. The extremely low PAH market size in Japan can be attributed to the low disease prevalence, which is probably a result of under-diagnosis of PAH in Japan.
Over the 10-year forecast period, the PAH market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.9%, reaching around $7.2B in 2029. The major driver for this growth will be the increased use of drugs from different classes in combination with each other, which will lead to increased treatment costs. According to KOLs, combination therapy will become a mainstay in PAH treatment during the forecast period, with greater use of upfront dual and triple combinations. This, in turn, will be the major driver of the market, despite the patent expirations of most currently marketed drugs and generic erosion.
Overall, the greatest unmet need in the PAH space is for novel drugs with curative or disease-stabilizing properties.The currently available drugs work in slowing the disease progression, and lead to improvements in FC.
However, there is no marketed drug that addresses the underlying disease mechanism and is targeted at curing patients. The treatment algorithm for PAH has shifted from the use of monotherapies to using drugs in combination with each other
Key Highlights - The proportion of people at risk of developing PAH is expected to increase over the 10-year forecast period due to the growing aging population.
- The potential launch of 8 late-stage pipeline agents will increase the number of patients who can be offered pharmacological treatment options. In addition, three of these drugs in late-stage development are expected to have a high annual cost of therapy (ACOT), a factor that will contribute to notable profitability.
- Despite multiple therapies currently available to PAH patients, there is still a high level of unmet need within the treatment space. The most recognizable is the need for novel disease-modifying properties.
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
Despite the existence of numerous well-established treatment options in the PAH space, a few - yet significant - unmet needs remain.
- Which unmet needs are the most pressing in the 7MM?
- Where should pharmaceutical companies focus drug development efforts in order to become a significant player in the space?
The PAH market hasn’t seen novel drug launches, though, clinical development activity has picked up.
- What are the most promising late-stage candidates and how much they expected to generate over the forecast period?
- What do KOLs say about their clinical and commercial positioning?
Although there is currently no cure for PAH, small companies are developing drugs to target new pathways .
- Which have been historically the companies leading the way?
- What new companies are emerging in the space?
Scope - Overview of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension including epidemiology, disease etiology and management.
- Topline PAH drugs market revenue, annual cost of therapy, and anticipated sales for major late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Key topics covered include assessment of current and pipeline therapies, unmet needs, current and future players and market outlook for the US, 5U and Japan over the 10-year forecast period.
- Pipeline analysis: Emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global PAH therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges.
Reasons to Buy The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies, using a detailed overview of current pipeline products and technologies to identify companies with the most robust pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global PAH therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global PAH market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global PAH therapeutics market from 2019-2029.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The anaphylaxis treatment market in Europe is expected to grow from US$ 534.0 million in 2021 to US$ 987.2 million by 2028; it is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 9.2% from 2021 to 2028. Anaphylaxis is a severe, life?threatening allergic reaction caused by vulnerability to allergens (foods, insect stings, or medicines) identified as a...
The global wearable injectors market is projected to reach USD 11.5billion by 2026 from USD 7.2billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 9.9% during the forecast period. Growth in this market is mainly driven by factors such as the shift of healthcare delivery toward homecare due to COVID-19, advantages of wearable injectors in the administration of various...
Executive Summary Global Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) Therapeutics Market was valued at USD 5.5 billion in the year 2020. The key factors driving growth in the global Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease Therapeutics market is increased public awareness of the disease and its symptoms. The growing incidence of heartburn...
242 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Aug 2021
China’s demand for Pneumonia Treatment Drugs has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which has been stimulated by the consecutive increases of industrial output, imports & exports, consumer...
The ablation technology market is projected to reach USD 8.1 Billion by 2026 from USD 5.2 Billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 9.3% during the forecast period. The growing elderly population has also driven the incidence of target conditions and contributed to the demand for effective treatment. However, the reuse and reprocessing of devices in developed...
Retinoic Acid Receptor Gamma - Drugs In Development, 2021 Summary Retinoic Acid Receptor Gamma (RAR Gamma or Nuclear Receptor Subfamily 1 Group B Member 3 or NR1B3 or RARG) - Retinoic acid receptor gamma (RARG) is a nuclear receptor that is encoded by the RARG gene. RARG bind as heterodimers to the...
The Middle East and Africa multiple sclerosis therapeutics market is expected to reach US$ 2,027.86 million by 2027 from US$ 1,319.08 million in 2019; it is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2020 to 2027. The growth of the market is attributed to a few key driving factors such as increasing awareness about multiple sclerosis amongst...
Orexin Receptor Type 1 - Drugs In Development, 2021 Summary Orexin Receptor Type 1 (Hypocretin Receptor Type 1 or HCRTR1) - Orexin receptor type 1 (Ox1R or OX1) is a protein that is encoded by the HCRTR1 gene. The orexin 1 receptor (OX1) is a G-protein coupled receptor that is highly expressed in...
Retinoic Acid Receptor Alpha - Drugs In Development, 2021 Summary Retinoic Acid Receptor Alpha (RAR Alpha or Nuclear Receptor Subfamily 1 Group B Member 1 or NR1B1 or RARA) pipeline Target constitutes close to 15 molecules. The latest report Retinoic Acid Receptor Alpha - Drugs In Development, 2021,...
The anaphylaxis treatment market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow from US$ 350.7 million in 2021 to US$ 664.0 million by 2028; it is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 9.6% from 2021 to 2028. Novel drug delivery systems support improved drug potency and controlled drug release, along with imparting a sustained therapeutic effect for...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.