Philippines Bakery and Cereals - Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2024
Summary Country Profile report on the bakery & cereals sector in Philippines provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
The Filipino bakery & cereals sector is led by the ‘cookies (sweet biscuits)’ category in value terms and by ‘bread & rolls’ category in volume terms, in 2019.The bread & rolls category is expected to register growth in value terms during 2019-2024.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for the distribution of bakery & cereals products in the country.Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the sector, while rigid metal is expected to register the fastest growth during 2019-2024.
QAF Limited, Rebisco Group of Companies and Monde Nissin are the top three companies in the Filipino bakery & cereals sector.
What else is contained? - Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2024
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for baking ingredients, baking mixes, bread & rolls, breakfast cereals, cakes, pastries & sweet pies, cereal bars and cookies (sweet biscuits) with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2019-2024
- Leading players: Market share of companies (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2019
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, e-retailers, cash & carries & warehouse clubs, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, department stores, direct sellers and other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. pack material data for glass, flexible packaging
Scope - Both per capita consumption and expenditure of bakery & cereals in the Philippines was lower than both regional and global levels, in 2019
- The per capita consumption of bread & rolls was higher than other bakery & cereals categories in 2019
- Cookies (sweet biscuits) was the largest category in terms of value, while bread rolls was the largest category in volume terms in the Philippines, in 2019
- Filipino consumers’ preferences for bakery & cereals products remains unchanged
- All the categories in the bakery & cereals sector registered a negative CAGR in terms of both with health & wellness and without health & wellness attributes during the 2019 2024.
- Flexible packaging was the most commonly used pack material in the Filipino bakery & cereals sector, in 2019
Reasons to Buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labour market and demographic trends.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals in France Summary The French bakery & cereals sector is led by the bread & rolls category in both value and volume terms.However, the breakfast cereals category is forecast to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2018-2023. Food & drinks specialists...
Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals in South Africa Summary The South African bakery & cereals sector is led by the bread & rolls category in both value and volume terms, while baking mixes category is expected to register the fastest value growth during 2018-2023.Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the...
Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals in the UAE Summary The UAE bakery & cereals sector is led by the bread & rolls category in both value and volume terms in 2018. However, the cake, pastries & sweet pies category is expected to register the fastest value growth during 2018-2023. ‘Hypermarkets & supermarkets’...
Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals in Ireland Summary The Irish bakery & cereals sector is led by the bread & rolls category in both value and volume terms in 2018, while savory biscuits is forecast to register the fastest growth in value terms during 2018-2023.Hypermarkets and supermarkets accounted...
Summary The Bakery and Cereals market in South Africa is analyzed to be one of the fastest growing markets across the globe. The Breads and Rolls category dominates in South Africa, while Morning Goods and Energy Bars is expected to register the fastest growth during 2015 - 2020. Considering the economical scenario, consumer's inclination...
Summary Steady growth in Poland's economy is driving demand for consumer packaged goods in the country including Bakery and Cereals products. Bread and Rolls remains the most dominant category in the overall market while the Baking Mixes category is forecast to register fastest value growth during 2015-2020. Older consumers are the...
Summary The Belgian Bakery and Cereals market is led by the Savory Biscuits category, which is expected to register fastest growth during 2015-2020. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for Bakery and Cereals in the country. Private label penetration in the market remains high. Flexible Packaging is the...
Summary A large young population base and rising disposable income of the consumers is driving the Bakery and Cereals market in Egypt. Bread and Rolls is the largest value category in value terms while the Breakfast Cereals category is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2020. Artisanal Producers account for highest...
Summary Strong economic growth and rising disposable incomes of consumers is driving the Bakery and Cereals market in Hungary. The market is led by Bread and Rolls category in value terms while the Energy Bars category is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2020. The market is dominated by international players such as...
Summary The Israel's Bakery and Cereals market is led by the Bread and Rolls category, which is also expected to register fastest growth during 2015-2020. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for Bakery and Cereals in the country. The Baking Mixes and Baking Ingredients categories have the highest private...
Gross Domestic Product Per Capita
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.