Summary The Costa Rican social security system provides universal cover for healthcare and old-age needs of people living in Costa Rica.While all employees are required to contribute, the social security system also takes care of those unable to do so.
The means-tested system ensures that people living in poverty have access to basic necessities. The CajaCostarricense de Seguro Social (Costa Rican Department of Social Security, CCSS) is the main regulator of the Costa Rican social security system.
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights of the employee benefits in Costa Rica, including: overview of the state and compulsory benefits in Costa Rica, detailed information about the private benefits in Costa Rica, insights on various central institutions responsible for the administration of the different branches of social security and the regulatory framework of the employee benefits in Costa Rica.
Key Highlights - The CajaCostarricense de Seguro Social (Costa Rican Department of Social Security, CCSS) is responsible for the functioning of the overall social security system.
- A person’s national insurance contribution is determined based on their income.
- An insured person who is unemployed or unable to work and whose benefits have been exhausted is entitled to credited contribution.
- In Costa Rica, employers provide voluntary retirement benefits to their employees through deferred annuity plans.
Scope This report provides a detailed analysis of employee benefits in Costa Rica -
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key government-sponsored employee benefits, along with private benefits
- It covers an exhaustive list of employee benefits, including retirement benefits, death in service, long-term disability benefits, medical benefits, workmen’s compensation insurance, maternity and paternity benefits, family benefits, unemployment, leave and private benefits
- It highlights the economic and regulatory situations relating to employee benefits in Costa Rica
Reasons to Buy - Make strategic decisions using in-depth information related to employee benefits in Costa Rica.
- Assess Costa Rica’s employee benefits market, including state and compulsory benefits and private benefits.
- Gain insights into the key employee benefit schemes offered by private employers in Costa Rica.
- Gain insights into key organizations governing Costa Rica’s employee benefits, and their impact on companies.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Employee Benefits in Nigeria 2021 Summary The Nigerian pension system has been facing much turbulence, regardless of the increase in the number of pensioners every year.The Nigerian pension system includes everyone from means-tested to private employees. Nigeria’s social security system is...
Employee Benefits in France 2020
The Belgian social security system covers a large proportion of the country’s population and plays a significant role in its employee benefits landscape.However, the recent debt crisis in the European Union (EU) member states had an adverse impact on the...
Employee Benefits in Romania 2021 Summary Romania has a well-established social security system.In order to provide its citizens with decent living conditions, the Romanian government provides various social security schemes in close association with private institutions. The Romanian pension...
Employee Benefits in United Kingdom (UK) 2021
The UK has one of the most comprehensive and well-established welfare systems in the world.It is predominantly controlled by the social security system.
Welfare benefits in the country are disbursed under various schemes, such as cash...
Employee Benefits in Poland 2021
Poland has a well-developed social security system that covers the risks of employees, self-employed persons and their family members.Poland has two special insurance schemes: the Social Insurance Institution (Zak?adUbezpiecze? Spo?ecznych- ZUS) and the...
Employee Benefits in Bulgaria 2021
The National Social Security Institute (NSSI) is responsible for managing all the social security schemes in the Republic of Bulgaria.It administers mandatory social security schemes such as sickness, maternity, occupational diseases, workplace accidents,...
Employee Benefits in Australia 2021
Australia has one of the most developed and well-established welfare systems.To ensure decent living conditions for its citizens, the Australian government operates various welfare schemes.
The main outgoing expenditures of the Australian government...
Employee Benefits in Colombia 2020
Colombia has a basic social security system with low coverage and participation.The country’s social insurance system was initially introduced for public sector employee groups only.
Private sector employees secured coverage in 1946.Pension benefits...
Employee Benefits in Denmark 2021 Summary Denmark is one of the few countries in the world that adjusted well to the challenge of providing an established social security system and a flexible labor market for its citizens.It was one of the first countries to adopt a multi-pillar pension system,...
Employee Benefits in Greece 2021
Greece has one of the most developed and comprehensive welfare systems in the world.The Greek government provides various social insurance and assistance schemes including insurance cover for the elderly, disability, sickness, unemployment, and survivors’...
Life Insurance Claims
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.