Report Scope: In this report, the market has been segmented based on product feature, product type, end-user and geography.The report provides an overview of the global market for safety laser scanners and analyzes market trends.
Using 2019 as the base year, the report provides estimated market data for the forecast period 2020 through 2025.Revenue forecasts for this period are based on product type, end-user and geography.
Market values have been estimated based on total revenues of the safety laser scanner manufacturers.
The report covers the market for safety laser scanners with regards to their applications across different regions.It also focuses on the major trends and challenges that affect the market and the vendor landscape.
The report estimates the global market for safety laser scanners in 2020 and projects the expected market size through 2025.
Report Includes: - 24 data tables and 20 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for safety laser scanner and description of its applications
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of global market trends, with data from 2019, estimates for 2020 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Analysis of current and future market dynamics and identification of key drivers, restraints and opportunities
- Information on SE2L launched by IDEC, which is used to safeguard personnel and machinery in hazardous areas by using reflected laser beams
- Details about safety standards that need to be adhered by the manufacturers and description of ANSI/NFPA/RIA/ASME safety standards and OSHA machine safety standards
- Discussion on impact of coronavirus on the global economy and information on government expenditures on COVID-19
- Profile description of major market players including, Datalogic, Hokuyo, Omron, Rockwell Automation, SICK AG, and Turck Banner
Summary: Safety laser scanners are presence sensing devices.They can also be considered as active opto-electronic protective devices responsive to diffuse reflection (AOPDDR).
They are used to monitor stationary and mobile applications and are frequently used in robotic work cells or on autonomous mobile robots (AMRs) and automated guided vehicles (AGVs) and automated guided carts (AGCs).Safety laser scanners are considered one of the most effective presence sensing technologies because they cover a broader area than other solutions.
The safety monitoring area generally consists of a wide warning zone and a narrow protection zone.
Safety laser scanner applications include: - Collision detection: AGVs, AGCs and AMRs.
- Presence detection: Robot cells and palletizers.
- Point of manufacturing operation: presses, printing machines, injection molding, CNC machines and assembly equipment.
The user-friendly scanners include easy-to-set-up software that allows the device to monitor areas as per the specific application along with real-time measurement data. The software includes a user-friendly interface and simple editing tools to configure zones.
Leading players in this market, such as Leuze Electronics GmbH, Omron Corp., Rockwell Automation, SICK AG, Turck Banner, Hokuyo Automatic Co. Ltd., IDEC Corp. and Keyence Corp. are investing in safety technologies used in manufacturing facilities to help improve operations and serve their customers. For instance, IDEC offers SE2L, a safety laser scanner to safeguard personnel and machinery in hazardous areas by using reflected laser beams to identify if a human or object is present.
The global market for safety laser scanners was valued at $REDACTED million in 2019 and is forecast to reach $REDACTED million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of REDACTED% during the forecast period.There is a wide range of safety laser scanners available with features that can customized for requirements and applications, including, indoor, outdoor, AGVs, area protection, performance level, protective field range, scanning angle, number of fields, communication interface, incremental encoder inputs, and measured data output.
The selection of a safety laser scanner is based on factors such as the application, area to be protected, number of laser scanners needed and working environment, and, when properly deploy, the scanner would help prevent workplace fatalities and prevent collisions.
The global market for safety laser scanners is segmented based on product feature, product type, end user and region.In terms of product features, the market is categorized into scanning angle, response time, protective field range, number of fields and usage.
The market by product type is segmented into stationary and mobile safety laser scanners.The market for safety laser scanners by end user is segmented into automotive, food & beverage, pharmaceuticals, electronics and semiconductors, industrial and e-commerce.
Automotive currently accounts for the dominant share of the market, and this trend is expected to continue over the forecast period. The market for safety laser scanners for the automotive industry was estimated at $REDACTED million in 2019 and is forecast to reach $REDACTED million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of REDACTED% during the forecast period.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including: