India Primer Market, By Resin Type, By Pack Size, By Price Category, By Type, By End Use, By Industry, By Region, Competition, Forecast & Opportunities, 2015 – 2025
- January 2021 •
- 93 pages •
- Report ID: 6001416 •
- Format: PDF
India Primer Market, By Resin Type (Acrylic, Epoxy, Others), By Pack Size (Up to 1 liter, 1 liter, 4-liter, 10 liter and Above), By Price Category (Premium, Mid Range, Economy), By Type (Water Based, Solvent Based), By End Use (Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Infrastructure), By Industry (Organised, Unorganised), By Region, Competition, Forecast & Opportunities, 2015 – 2025
India primer market stood at USD705 million in 2020 and is projected to grow a CAGR of 9.36% by 2025, on the back of strong growth in construction and residential projects. The use of primer is increasing in domestic household to enhance the texture and strength of paints applied on the walls. Apart from walls, primers are also applied on metals, wooden surfaces also, which is another driving factor propelling the growth of the primer market through 2025.
With infrastructure sector reforms being the top priority of the Indian government and keeping in mind its Smart City initiatives, demand for primers in infrastructure sector is registering healthy growth in the country.Government projects such as development of new airports, renovations of railway stations, building new ports and infrastructure across the country is gaining momentum.
Furthermore, government initiatives to attract foreign investment through FDI channel is rising due to policy reforms.Moreover, during the pandemic, most of the international players are moving their production base from China and relocating their manufacturing units in South East Asian countries, which may result in setting up of new infrastructure projects across India as well.
All the infrastructure projects and initiatives are expected to boost the demand for primers in India during the forecast period.
India primer market is segmented based on resin type, by pack size, by price category, by type, by end use and by region.Based on resin type, primer market of India can be segmented into acrylic, epoxy and others.
Epoxy based primer is holding major share because of its durability, low price, availability and cost-effective, applied on surfaces before final painting.
Based on pack size, primer market can be segmented into up to 1 Liter, 1 Liter, 4 Liter, 10 Liter and above. 10 liters and above SKU (stock keeping unit) hold major share because of cheaper price compared to other SKU packaging size, moreover, on an average 10-15 liter of primer is consumed during the painting of walls, therefore consumers prefer to buy large package size of primer compared to other available packing size available in market.
Some of the major players operating in India primer market are Asian Paints Limited, Berger Paints India Limited, Kansai Nerolac Paints Limited, AkzoNobel India Limited, Shalimar Paints Limited, Kamdhenu Limited, Acro Paints India Limited, Nova Paints and Chemicals, Nippon Paint (India) Company Limited, and Indigo Paints Private Limited, among others.
Years Considered for this Report:
Historical Years: 2015 – 2019
Base Year: 2020
Estimated Year: 2021
Forecast Period: 2022 – 2025
Objective of the Study:
• The primary objective of the study was to evaluate and forecast India primer market.
• To categorize India primer market based on resin type, pack size, price category, type, end use and region.
• To segment and forecast India primer market in terms of resin type (acrylic, epoxy and others).
• To segment and forecast India primer market in terms of pack size (up to 1 liter, 1 liter, 4 liter, 10 liter and above).
• To segment and forecast India primer market in terms of price category (premium, mid-range, economy).
• To segment and forecast India primer market in terms of type (water based, solvent based).
• To segment and forecast India primer market in terms of end use (residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure).
• To segment and forecast India primer market in terms of region (north, south, east and west).
• To understand major policies and regulations which can positively or negatively impact India primer market.
• To identify major drivers, challenges and trends in India primer market.
• To perform pricing analysis of primer in India.
• To identify and profile major companies operating in India primer market.
To perform the study, the analyst conducted primary as well as exhaustive secondary research.To extract the data for India primer market, primary research surveys were conducted with primer manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, dealers and end users.
While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors.Through this technique, the analyst was able to include manufacturers that could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research.
Moreover, The analyst examined various end user segments and projected a positive outlook for India primer market over the coming years.
The analyst calculated India primer market size using a bottom-up approach, wherein manufacturers’ value sales data for different primer types was recorded and forecast for the future years. The analyst sourced these values from industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical sales data of respective manufacturers to arrive at the overall market size.
Various secondary sources such as company websites, company annual reports, industry magazines, industry reports, credible paid databases, proprietary database, etc., were also studied by the analyst.
Key Target Audience:
• Primer manufacturers, distributors and other stakeholders
• Organizations, forums and alliances related to primer market
• Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
• Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for industry stakeholders, such as primer manufacturers, customers and end users (construction companies). The report also provides useful insights about which market segments should be targeted over the coming years in order to strategize investments and capitalize on growth opportunities.
In this report, India primer market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
• Market, by Resin Type:
• Market, by Pack Size:
o Up to1 liter
o 1 liter
o 4 Liter
o 10 Liter and above
• Market, by Price Category:
• Market, by Type:
o Water Based
o Solvent Based
• Market, by End Use:
• Market, by Industry:
• Market, by Region:
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of major companies operating in India primer market.
With the given market data, we offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. Following customization options are available for the report:
• Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).