Black Friday in United Kingdom (UK) 2020 - Consumer Dynamics and Spending Habits
Summary Black Friday in United Kingdom (UK) 2020 report forms part of Retail Occasions series, and offers a comprehensive insight into the consumer dynamics and spending habits of UK consumers for Black Friday. The report analyses the market, the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes.
Scope - The Black Friday market declined this year as fewer consumers decided to shop and the consumers who did engage with the Black Friday promotional events, spent less during the promotional window. The decline in Black Friday’s typical explosiveness could be attributed to retailers heavy discounting throughout 2020.
- Christmas spend was brought forward this year, with a significant percentage of consumers shopping their Christmas gifts during the Black Friday promotional period. The extension of the Black Friday promotional window coupled with fears of depleted stock, led to a significant percentage of shoppers purchasing items earlier than 27 November.
- Stores classified as essential experienced a great advantage over non-essential retail stores, due to mass lockdowns imposed throughout most of the UK. Tesco made a big impact this year, where it was very popular amongst consumers across several categories.
- The demand for health and beauty products grew this year and a significant proportion of shoppers purchased products within this category on Black Friday. Average health and beauty spend grew considerably and the influence of online pureplays grew stronger as a result of the lockdown measures forcing retailers to close their stores.
Reasons to Buy - Use our in-depth consumer insight to discover what consumers are purchasing during the Black Friday period and whether shoppers are waiting to the official day to make purchases in case of further discounting later during the period.
- Understand who consumers are purchasing for and how much they are spending so marketing can be geared to the right audience.
- Examine the reasons why consumers are going to certain retailers for particular products to ascertain where retailers can steal share and maximise sales potential.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
285 pages •
By Future Market Insight Global & Consulting Pvt Ltd
• Dec 2020
A recent market study published on the digital commerce platform market includes a global industry analysis for 2014-2018 and an opportunity assessment for 2019-2029, and delivers a comprehensive assessment of the most important market dynamics. After conducting thorough research on the historical as well as current growth parameters, growth...
186 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Mar 2021
- StrategyR - A Trademark of Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
- Project Edition: 9
- Influencer Pool: 962
- MarketGlass™ Platform - Our influencer driven interactive research platform draws from unique perspectives of participating executives from featured companies....
The Global Nanosilica Market is poised to grow at a CAGR of around XX% over the next decade to reach approximately $XX million by 2028. Some of the prominent trends that the market is witnessing include increasing investments in R&D globally, increase in the demand for nanosilica for use in nanocoatings, and growing...
120 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Feb 2021
Global Carboxymethyl Cellulose Market 2021-2025
The analyst has been monitoring the carboxymethyl cellulose market and it is poised to grow by $ 463.11 mn during 2021-2025, progressing at a CAGR of 6% during the forecast period. Our report on carboxymethyl cellulose market provides a holistic analysis, market size and...
The Global Hibiscus Flower Powder Market size is expected to reach $212.5 Million by 2026, rising at a market growth of 10.7% CAGR during the forecast period. Hibiscus flower is considered as the best source of antioxidants, helps in losing weight and boosts liver health. The shift of the consumer preference towards the use of natural products...
The Bio-isobutene Industry Set to Create an Annual $1.0 Billion Revenue Opportunity for Bio-Isobutene Manufacturers Globally by 2025 Market Report Coverage - Bio-isobutene Market Segmentation • End-User Application • Product Regional Segmentation • North America – U.S., Canada, and Mexico •...
The Global Fashion Influencer Marketing Market size is expected to reach $9.2 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 38.5% CAGR during the forecast period. Influencer marketing is a kind of social media marketing that utilizes endorsements and product mentions from influencers, who have a huge dedicated social following and are considered...
These two fully updated IAL market reports bring together the most recent information available on the Global Markets for Aroma Chemicals and Active Cosmetic Ingredients, complementing our research on the Global Flavours and Fragrances Markets. The reports cover the following product types and end-use sectors: Aroma Chemicals...
United Kingdom (UK) Online Retailing Channel to 2025
United Kingdom (UK) Online Retailing Channel to 2025 report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of the online channel in the UK, the main trends and hot issues, major players and consumer shopping behaviour. It also provides forecasts...
Click And Collect
Mobile Phone Penetration
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.