Chondrosarcoma - Market Insight, Epidemiology and Market Forecast - 2030
- January 2021 •
- 132 pages •
- Report ID: 6010455 •
- Format: PDF
‘Chondrosarcoma–Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical, and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends of Chondrosarcoma in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
The Chondrosarcoma market report provides analysis regarding current treatment practices, emerging drugs like Ivosidenib and other promising candidates like Trabectedin, Olutasidenib, INBRX-109 and LY3410738. Market share of the individual therapies, and historical, current and forecasted Chondrosarcoma market size from 2017 to 2030, segmented by seven major markets.
The report also covers current Chondrosarcoma treatment practice/algorithm, guidelines, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities. It assesses the underlying potential of the market.
• The United States
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017–2030
Chondrosarcoma– Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Chondrosarcoma comprises a group of locally aggressive or malignant cartilaginous matrix-producing neoplasms with diverse morphological features and clinical behavior. They predominantly arise in bones derived from endochondral ossification, the most common sarcoma of bone in patients above the age of 20 years. It predominantly affects individuals in the fourth to the sixth decades of life. The most commonly involved sites are the bones of the pelvis followed by the femur, humerus and ribs.
Chondrosarcoma occurrence steadily increases with age, with a peak incidence in the fifth to the seventh decade. Chondrosarcomas can be divided into different subtypes based on morphology, molecular alterations, whether they arise de novo (primary) or from benign precursor lesions (secondary) and by their location within the bone [central (in the medulla) or peripheral (at the surface).
Chondrosarcoma is one of the main types of bone sarcoma that shows a considerable deficiency in response to chemotherapy and radiotherapy. While surgery remains a mainstay of treatment, chemo-and radiotherapy is used in this tumor, high rate of death, especially among children and adolescents, are reported. Due to high resistance to current conventional therapies in chondrosarcoma, there is an urgent requirement to recognize factors causing resistance and discover new strategies for optimal treatment.
The current management of chondrosarcoma depends on the type, the grade and the location of the tumor while the best predictor of clinical behavior being the grading system from I to III. It is a well-established proposition that surgical treatment is the best, and the only, treatment for chondrosarcoma as other treatments, such as radiotherapy and chemotherapy, are rendered unresponsive and refractory. Curettage, radical resection, and amputation are the primary surgical treatment options while these procedures often require considerable judgment and are based on factors, such as the size and site of the lesion and its degree of malignancy.
This chapter covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies available for the treatment of Chondrosarcoma. It also provides Chondrosarcoma treatment guidelines across the United States and Europe.
Chondrosarcoma market report gives a thorough understanding of the disease by including details such as disease definition, etiology, types, neurobiology, biomarkers and diagnosis. It also provides Chondrosarcoma treatment pattern and treatment guidelines in the US and Europe.
The Chondrosarcoma epidemiology chapters provide insights about historical and current Chondrosarcoma patient pool and forecasted trends for every seven major countries. It helps recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. Chondrosarcoma epidemiology is segmented by the incidence of chondrosarcoma, type-specific cases of chondrosarcoma, type-specific cases of primary chondrosarcoma, and grade-specific cases of chondrosarcoma. Besides, the report includes a thorough analysis of all segments.
According to the analyst, the total prevalent population of Chondrosarcoma in seven major markets was 2,218 in 2017. These cases are expected to increase with a significant CAGR during the study period (2017–2030).
Among all the seven major markets, total prevalent cases for Chondrosarcoma were highest in the United States, followed by France and the United Kingdom. Spain accounted for the least number of prevalent cases among the 7MM.
This segment encloses the detailed analysis of the drugs in the Chondrosarcoma pipeline. It also helps understand the Chondrosarcoma clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements of the included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
Current chemotherapy recommendations include cisplatin and doxorubicin, extrapolated from recommended osteosarcoma and Ewing sarcoma treatment regimens. Other combinations of Gemcitabine, Ifosfamide, Dasatinib, and Pazopanib have also demonstrated positive clinical outcomes. Emerging therapies, like AG-120, Trabectedin, are expected to bring a positive shift to the overall market.
The market size of Chondrosarcoma is expected to increase at a significant CAGR during the study period (2017–2030). Among the EU5 countries, France had the largest market size, with USD 0.69 million in 2017, while Spain had the smallest market size of chondrosarcoma, with USD 0.27 million.
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs in the Chondrosarcoma market or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2017–2030. The analysis covers Chondrosarcoma market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sale of each drug.
It helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs and allows the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size. All of which will be useful in investigating factors important in market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
The dynamics of condrosarcoma market is anticipated to experience a major positive shift in the coming years owing to the expected launch of pipeline therapies.
Chondrosarcoma: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates and also analyses the key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Pipeline Development Activities:
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing, patent details, and emerging therapies, concerning Chondrosarcoma.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME’s opinion working in Chondrosarcoma domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. It will support the clients in assessing potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We have performed the competitive and market Intelligence analysis of the Chondrosarcoma Market by using various competitive intelligence tools that include SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies etc. Besides, the inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
• In the coming years, Chondrosarcoma market scenario is expected to experience a positive shift across the 7MM due to a robust pipeline.
• Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase II and Phase III), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Chondrosarcoma Report Insights:
• Patient Population
• Therapeutic Approaches
• Chondrosarcoma Pipeline Analysis
• Chondrosarcoma Market Size and Trends
• Market Opportunities
• Impact of upcoming Therapies
Chondrosarcoma Report Key Strengths:
• 11 years Forecast
• 7MM Coverage
• Chondrosarcoma Epidemiology Segmentation
• Key Cross Competition
• Market Size by Therapies
• Drugs Uptake
Chondrosarcoma Report Assessment:
• Pipeline Product Profiles
• Key Products and Key Players
• Market Drivers and Barriers
• What was the Chondrosarcoma market share (%) distribution in 2017 and how it would look like in 2030?
• What would be the Chondrosarcoma total market size as well as market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
• What are the key findings pertaining to the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest Chondrosarcoma market size during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
• At what CAGR, the Chondrosarcoma market is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
• What would be the Chondrosarcoma market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
• What would be the Chondrosarcoma market growth till 2030, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
• How would the market drivers, barriers and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
• What are the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of Chondrosarcoma?
• What is the historical Chondrosarcoma patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
• What would be the forecasted patient pool of Chondrosarcoma in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
• What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM concerning the patient population pertaining to Chondrosarcoma?
• Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of Chondrosarcoma during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
• At what CAGR the population is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs and Emerging Therapies:
• What are the current options for Chondrosarcoma treatment, along with the approved therapy?
• What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of Chondrosarcoma in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
• How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Chondrosarcoma?
• How many therapies are developed by each company for Chondrosarcoma?
• How many are emerging therapies in mid-stage, and late stage of development for Chondrosarcoma treatment?
• What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Chondrosarcoma therapies?
• What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
• What are the clinical studies going on for Chondrosarcoma and their status?
• What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Chondrosarcoma?
• What is the global historical and forecasted market of Chondrosarcoma?
Reasons to buy:
• The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Chondrosarcoma market
• To understand the future market competition in the Chondrosarcoma market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
• Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Chondrosarcoma in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan
• Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
• Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Chondrosarcoma market
• To understand the future market competition in the Chondrosarcoma market
Which geography accounted for the largest Chondrosarcoma market size?
The United States accounted for the largest Chondrosarcoma market size.
What is forecasted Chondrosarcoma size in 2030?
The analyst estimates an increase in Chondrosarcoma Market Size during the study period, 2017–2030
What are the present Chondrosarcoma market drivers?
Shortcomings associated with existing treatment options, improvement in diagnosis practices, new approaches towards therapy development
What are the Chondrosarcoma market barriers?
The rarity of disease, a better understanding of underlying molecular mechanisms, issues associated with therapy development
How many companies are developing drugs for Chondrosarcoma?
Currently, one key pharma player is developing the drug for Chondrosarcoma
Which are the leading companies in Chondrosarcoma market?
Key Player – Agios Pharmaceuticals
How is epidemiology segmented for Chondrosarcoma?
Incidence of chondrosarcoma, type-specific cases of chondrosarcoma, type-specific cases of primary chondrosarcoma and grade-specific cases of chondrosarcoma