‘Ascites—Epidemiology Forecast–2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted Ascites epidemiology in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and United Kingdom), and Japan.
Ascites (hydroperitoneum is a rare synonym) is defined as an abnormal amount of intraperitoneal fluid. Ascites is a condition in which fluid collects in spaces within the abdomen. If severe, ascites may be painful. The problem may keep the patient from moving around comfortably. Fluid may also move into the chest and surround the lungs. This condition can make eating, drinking, and moving around difficult. It can also make it hard to breathe. Ascites can lead to abdominal infections, which may cause kidney failure and can also cause umbilical or inguinal hernias.
Ascites is common in patients with cirrhosis and usually develops when their liver is beginning to fail. The elevation of the pressure in the veins that run through the liver (portal hypertension) and a decrease in liver function due to the scarring on the liver result in the fluid build-up.
Ascites Epidemiology Perspective The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted epidemiology segmented by Number of Ascites Cases due to Cirrhosis, Number of Ascites Cases by Malignancies, and Severity-specific Cases of Ascites due to Cirrhosis scenario of Ascites in the 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and United Kingdom), and Japan from 2018 to 2030.
Ascites Detailed Epidemiology Segmentation • In 2020, the total cases of Ascites due to cirrhosis in the 7MM was 240,730, which is likely to increase by 2030 at a CAGR of 0.61% for the study period (2018–2030).
• Malignant Ascites cases are calculated from ovarian cancer, stomach cancer, breast cancer, and colorectal cancer. In 2020, The number of cases of Ascites from these cancers was 8,521; 3,538; 12,650; and 10,276, respectively, in the US.
• According to the analysis, in 2020, there were 26,841 and 122,277 cases of Grade I and Grade II & III ascites due to cirrhosis in the United States.
• Among the EU-5 countries, the highest cases of Ascites due to cirrhosis were found in Germany (20,004), followed by the UK (15,845) and France (11,138). The least cases of Ascites due to cirrhosis were found in Spain (4,904).
• There were 29,571 cases of ascites due to cirrhosis in Japan in 2020.
Scope of the Report • The report covers the descriptive overview of Ascites, explaining its causes, signs, and symptoms, and pathophysiology.
• The report provides insight into the 7MM historical and forecasted patient pool covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and United Kingdom), and Japan.
• The report assesses the disease risk and burden.
• The report provides the segmentation of the disease epidemiology for 7MM by Number of Ascites Cases due to Cirrhosis, Number of Ascites Cases by Malignancies, and Severity-specific Cases of Ascites due to Cirrhosis.
Report Highlights • 10-Year Forecast of Ascites
• 7MM Coverage
• Number of Ascites Cases due to Cirrhosis
• Number of Ascites Cases by Malignancies
• Severity-specific Cases of Ascites due to Cirrhosis
Key Questions Answered • What are the disease risk, burdens, and unmet needs of Ascites?
• What is the historical Ascites patient pool in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the UK), and Japan?
• What would be the forecasted patient pool of Ascites at the 7MM level?
• What will be the growth opportunities across the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to Ascites?
• Out of the countries mentioned above, which country would have the highest patient population of Ascites during the forecast period (2021–2030)?
• At what CAGR the population is expected to grow across the 7MM during the forecast period (2021–2030)?
Reasons to buy The Ascites report will allow the user to -
• Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the 7MM Ascites Epiodemiology.
• Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the specific type of Ascites that presents the best opportunities for Ascites therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
• The Ascites epidemiology report and model were written and developed by Masters and PhD level epidemiologists.
• The Ascites epidemiology model developed is easy to navigate, interactive with dashboards, and epidemiology based on transparent and consistent methodologies. Moreover, the model supports data presented in the report and showcases disease trends over the 10-year forecast period using reputable sources.
Key Assessments • Patient Segmentation
• Disease Risk and Burden
• Risk of disease by the segmentation
• Factors driving growth in a specific patient population
Geographies Covered • The United States
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2018–2030
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Transforming Growth Factor Beta 1 - Pipeline Review, H2 2020
Transforming Growth Factor Beta 1 (TGFB1) - Transforming growth factor beta 1 (TGF-?1) is a polypeptide member of the transforming growth factor beta superfamily of cytokines encoded by the TGFB1 gene. It plays an important role...
Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2029
Pulmonary arterial hypertension is a rare, fatal cardiopulmonary disease with an annual mortality rate around 10%.The disease is a subset (Group 1) within the World Health Organization’s (WHO’s) classification...
Impact of COVID-19 on the Top Five European Soccer Leagues
Analysis of the impact COVID-19 has had on the top five European Soccer leagues
Economic analysis on the cost of postponing domestic cup fixtures, including ticket prices and estimated losses.
Anatomic pathology track and trace solutions market projected to grow at a CAGR of 10.4% The anatomic pathology track and trace solutions market is projected to reach USD 695.7 million by 2023 from USD 424.2 million in 2018, at a CAGR of 10.4% from 2018 to 2023. The increasing volume of diagnostic tests performed in anatomic...
Sonic Healthcare Limited - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report Summary Marketline’s Sonic Healthcare Limited Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments report includes business description, detailed reports on mergers and acquisitions...
83 pages •
By Transparency Market Research
• Sep 2015
Medical cameras and microscopes are widely used in surgical and pathological applications. Increase in the geriatric population across the globe and prevalence of diseases among them have led to a rise in the medical procedures performed. The pathological microscopes segment is driven by increase in demand in diagnostic labs and physician...
Opportunity Analyzer: Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis - Opportunity Analysis and Forecast to 2025 Summary The IPF therapeutic market is currently dominated by the only two drugs that have gained marketing approval for IPF - Roche’s Esbriet and Boehringer Ingelheim’s Ofev. Esbriet was the first drug to gain approval...
The global thermal interface materials market is expected to reach USD 3.59 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Thermal interface materials are expected to witness substantial gains over the forecast period on account of their increasing usage in automotive, medical and consumer goods applications. Growing...
A fluid management system is used to balance body fluid in order to prevent complications associated with undesired levels of fluid in the body. Additionally, today is also used in diagnosis of critical medical conditions relatively early. Fluid management systems perform functions such as fluid irrigation, fluid warming, fluid filtration,...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.