Melanoma - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2029
Summary Melanoma of the skin is a serious and aggressive form of cancer originating from melanocytes, the pigment cells in skin, and can develop anywhere on the body.Although melanoma has high survivability, it remains a significant health risk around the world.
Where possible, melanoma is treated with surgery, with stage III patients likely to receive adjuvant therapy with either PD-1 inhibitors; BMS’ Opdivo or Merck & Co’s Keytruda or, if BRAF V600-positive, Novartis’ BRAF/MEK inhibitor combination Tafinlar + Mekinist.Metastatic melanoma is treated with systemic therapy with either PD-1 monotherapy (Opdivo or Keytruda) or BMS’ combination therapy of Opdivo + CTLA-4 inhibitor Yervoy.
BRAF V600-positive patients also have the option of receiving targeted therapy.
The global market is expected to grow from $5.6B in 2019 to $7.46B in 2029 at a CAGR of 2.9%. The introduction of 12 new pipeline agents as well as label expansions of currently approved agents are key drivers of this market growth. However, multiple patent expiries of market-leading brands, occurring across the 8MM, will prohibit growth.
Key Highlights - The main drivers of growth include the anticipated approval and launch of 12 pipeline therapies, in addition to label expansions of currently marketed therapies across the 8MM during the forecast period.
- The main barriers to growth in the 8MM are key patent expiries of immune checkpoint inhibitors and targeted BRAF/MEK inhibitors
- Among the late-stage pipeline products and marketed agents, immune checkpoint inhibitors are expected to generate the greatest revenues over the forecast period.
- The most important unmet needs in the melanoma market include: wider therapeutic options for patients who progress on immune checkpoint inhibitors, effective treatment for patients with brain metastases, biomarkers to guide treatment decisions, and wider options for patients with acquired resistance to targeted therapy.
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
- 12 late-stage pipeline agents are expected to enter the melanoma market from 2021 onwards. What impact will these agents have on the market? Which of these drugs will have the highest peak sales, and why?
- What are the current unmet needs melanoma, which pipeline agents are positioned to counter these unmet needs? What are the opportunities for R&D?
- What is the market outlook in the 8MM from 2019-2029? Considering major patent expiries, launch of new premium priced agents and expected label expansions.
- What are the main corporate trends? Who are the current and future players?
Scope - Overview of melanoma including epidemiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Topline melanoma market revenue, annual cost of therapy, and major pipeline product sales in the forecast period.
- Key topics covered include current treatment and pipeline therapies, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting melanoma therapeutics sales in the 8MM.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs (Phase II - III).
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global melanoma therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to Buy The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies, using a detailed overview of current pipeline products and technologies to identify companies with the most robust pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global melanoma therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global melanoma market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global melanoma therapeutics market from 2019-2029.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma - Epidemiology Forecast to 2030
Head and neck cancers (HNCs) are a heterogeneous group consisting of cancers of the mouth, including the lip, tongue, gum, floor of mouth, palate, and other parts of mouth (ICD-10 code = C00-C06),; the salivary glands...
Melanoma - Epidemiology Forecast to 2029
Melanoma is a malignant neoplasm of melanocytes, the pigment cells in the skin located on the epidermis, the most superficial layer of the skin (World Health Organization, 2017).Melanocytes are embryological derivatives of neural crest tissue, and...
The ablation technology market is projected to reach USD 8.1 Billion by 2026 from USD 5.2 Billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 9.3% during the forecast period. The growing elderly population has also driven the incidence of target conditions and contributed to the demand for effective treatment. However, the reuse and reprocessing of devices in developed...
The global nuclear medicine market is projected to reach USD 7.5 billion by 2026 from USD 4.8billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 9.0% during the forecast period. Growth in the nuclear medicine market can primarily be attributed to factors such as the increasing incidence and prevalence of cancer and cardiac ailments and initiatives to lessen the...
Executive Summary Global Radiotherapy Market was valued at USD 7987.01 Million in the year 2020. Increasing healthcare expenditure on the back of growing disposable income, rapid technological advancements along with high prevalence of cancer is expected to drive the radiotherapy market significantly. Further, expanding...
The alpha emitter market is expected to witness a healthy CAGR of 36.7% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025). Certain factors that are driving the market growth include increased awareness about the potential benefits of targeted alpha therapy and the growing number of patients with cardiac and cancer ailments. Targeted anticancer...
Supportive Care in Cancer - Comprehensive Overview, Pipeline Products, Research and Development Strategies and Unmet Needs
Supportive care in cancer is an evolving discipline of medicine that is critical for holistic management of patients with cancer. With significant advancements being...
Gallbladder Cancer - Pipeline Review, H2 2020
latest Pharmaceutical and Healthcare disease pipeline guide Gallbladder Cancer - Pipeline Review, H2 2020, provides an overview of the Gallbladder Cancer (Oncology) pipeline landscape.
Gallbladder cancer is a cancer that starts in...
Myelodysplastic Syndrome: Epidemiology Forecast to 2028
MDS are rare and a diverse group of clonal hematopoietic malignancies characterized by cytogenetic and molecular abnormalities, causing bone marrow failure and risk of progression to AML.MDS can affect people of any age but usually...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.