Summary Mobile gaming is already bigger than the console and PC gaming markets combined, contributing nearly 57% of the $173bn global video games revenue in 2020. Worth $98bn in 2020, the mobile gaming market will grow to $272bn by 2030, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11% over the period, according to The analyst forecasts.
Key Highlights - Traditional console and PC game publishers like Activision Blizzard and Electronic Arts are increasingly focused on mobile gaming due to its popularity with gamers worldwide and lucrative revenue opportunities. They compete with companies like Tencent, Sea, and Perfect World, which primarily focus on mobile gaming. Social media platforms (e.g., ByteDance) and online advertisers (e.g., AppLovin) are also moving into mobile games publishing.
- 5G networks allow games to be downloaded faster than current 4G networks and aid the development of mobile-based cloud gaming services and augmented reality (AR) games. With the ability to support one million devices within a single square kilometer, 5G will drive more users towards mobile gaming, especially multiplayer titles. This, in turn, will boost the growth of mobile esports.
Scope - This report provides an overview of the mobile gaming theme.
- It identifies the key trends impacting growth of the theme over the next 12 to 24 months, split into three categories: technology trends, macroeconomic trends, and regulatory trends.
- It contains a comprehensive industry analysis, including global market size and growth forecasts for mobile gaming, details of M&A deals driven by the mobile gaming theme, and a timeline highlighting milestones in the development of mobile gaming.
- The detailed value chain shows comprises four layers: creation, monetization, distribution, and device. Leading and challenging vendors are identified across three of the four layers.
Reasons to Buy - The growing maturity of streaming (supported by 5G), cloud gaming services, and mobile esports, combined with the fact that mobile platforms are close to technical parity with PCs and consoles, means most gamers will embrace mobile gaming in the next few years.
- This report will tell readers everything they need to know about this significant and dynamic theme.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The global cloud gaming market (henceforth referred to as the market studied) was valued at USD 612.31 million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 5370.37 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 45.2% during the period of 2021-2026. These platforms are increasingly attracting more than hundreds and thousands of new visitors in online traffic....
The global gaming market was valued at USD 162.32 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach a value of USD 295.63 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 10.5% over the forecast period (2021 – 2026). Game developers across emerging economies are continually striving to enhance gamer’s experience, launching, and rewriting codes for diverse console/platforms,...
A Gaming chair is designed for video game players. These chairs come with head cushion and lumbar support to provide comfort to the gamer while gaming. A gaming chair is essential for professional and hardcore gamers. These chairs come in a variety of sizes, colors, and range. Gaming chairs are important for gamers who spend an average of...
Report Scope: In this report, the market has been segmented based on genre, mode, platform and geography.The report provides an overview of the global video gaming market and analyzes market trends. Using 2019 as the base year, the report provides estimated market data for the forecast period, 2020-2025.Revenue forecasts...
Video Games - Thematic Research Summary The video games market will more than double to become a $300bn-plus industry by 2025. The market will grow from $131bn in 2018 to $305bn in 2025, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13%. Today’s video games industry is in the throes of a huge...
KEY FINDINGS Video games are the specialized application that involves an interface or a screen, where independent players can interact in a structured form of play.Nowadays, the total number of gaming companies across the world has reached a point from where they can easily provide wider options for video games on the...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.