Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) in Tech, Media, and Telecom (TMT) 2021 Themes - Thematic Research
Summary If you want to understand the themes that drive an industry, simply look at the list of recent mergers and acquisitions (M&A). This report analyzes the disruptive themes that drove M&A activity across the technology, media, and telecoms (TMT) industry in 2021.
Key Highlights - Despite the global pandemic, total M&A deal value in the global technology, media, and telecom (TMT) sector reached $1 trillion in 2021, up 30% from 2020. The total number of deals in 2021 reached 996, up 44% from 2020. A significant amount of M&A activity was driven by the growing popularity of SPACs (special purpose acquisition companies) in 2021. This helped to make 2021 the highest for deal value over the last five years.
- The big themes driving the top 100 TMT M&A deals by deal value announced in 2021 were connectivity and internet TV, accounting for $136 billion and $70 billion, respectively.
- The big connectivity deals were Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR)’s acquisition of Telecom Italia (TIM) for $37.2 billion and the acquisition of Shaw Communications by Rogers Communications for $20.8 billion. The most notable internet TV deal was the combination of WarnerMedia’s entertainment, sports, and news assets with Discovery. The other big thematic drivers were fintech, cybersecurity, healthtech, big data, artificial intelligence (AI), and cloud.
Scope - This report provides an overview of merger and acquisition activity in the global TMT market in 2021.
- It identifies the M&A deals announced in the TMT market between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2021 and provides comprehensive sector-by-sector analysis of the themes driving this activity.
Reasons to Buy - This report offers a unique perspective on M&A activity in the TMT sector by focusing on the themes driving deals. This allows for a deeper understanding of the themes that are shaping the industry.
- It provides analysis of M&A activity in major geographic regions, including North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
- It looks at the rise of special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs) and highlights their role in driving M&A deal activity.
- It evaluates the M&A deals announced by the leading technology companies (Google, Amazon, Facebook, Apple, and Microsoft), identifying the five themes on which they are focusing.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The global advertising market reached a value of US$ 590.3 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, the analyst expects the market to reach US$ 792.7 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.2% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of...
The bot services market size to grow from USD 1.6 billion in 2022 to USD 6.7 billion by 2027, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 33.2% during the forecast period. Various factors such as initiatives toward the development of self-learning chatbots to deliver a more human-like conversational experience, ability to replace human agents...
The global serverless architecture market reached a value of US$ 9.02 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, the analyst expects the market to reach a value of US$ 25.65 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 18.20% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as...
The Global Crowdsourced Testing Market size is expected to reach $2.6 billion by 2028, rising at a market growth of 9.1% CAGR during the forecast period. Crowdsourced testing, commonly referred to as crowd testing, is a novel approach to quality assurance. It integrates human abilities with technological advancements in order to eliminate...
High performance computing (HPC) market is expected to grow from USD 36.0 Billion in 2022 to USD 49.9 Billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 6.7%. The market growth can be attributed to several factors, such as the heavy investment in data centers in North America, and Europeregions. Advancements in healthcare systems, healthcare research, and communication...
The global digital rights management market size is projected to grow from USD 4.3 billion in 2022 to USD 7.9 billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 13.0% during the forecast period. The presence of various key players in the ecosystem has led to competitive and diverse market. Need to protect intellectual property and increased vulnerability to cyberattacks...
The global product information management (PIM) market reached a value of US$ 10.5 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, the analyst expects the market to reach US$ 20.2 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 11.47% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as...
175 pages •
By The Business Research Company
• Jun 2022
Major players in the digital rights management market are Adobe Systems, Apple Inc., Dell EMC Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Fasoo Inc., Seclore Technology, Sony Corporation, Verisign Inc, Hewlett-Packard, Vera Security Inc, Vitrium Systems Inc., Nextlabs Inc., Intertrust Technologies Corporation, and Vobile Inc. The...
The global enterprise search market reached a value of US$ 4.46 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, the analyst expects the market to reach a value of US$ 8.78 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 11.20% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect...
Strategic Partnerships in Sport - Thematic Research Summary An analysis of the different types of strategic partnerships within sport, including sponsorship agreements and athlete deals. Key Highlights - Among the most prominent examples of a strategic partnership between...
Media And Entertainment
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.