Global Anti-Fungal Drugs Market, By Drug Class, By Indication, By Infection Type, By Route of Administration, By End User By Distribution Channel, By Region, Competition Forecast & Opportunities, 2026
- October 2021 •
- 114 pages •
- Report ID: 6156159 •
- Format: PDF
Global Anti-Fungal Drugs Market, By Drug Class (Azoles, Echinocandins, Polyenes, Allylamines, Others), By Indication (Candidiasis, Aspergillosis, Mucormycosis, Dermatophytosis, Others), By Infection Type (Superficial Fungal Infection, Systemic Fungal Infection), By Route of Administration (Topical, Oral, Parenteral, Others), By End User (Homecare, Hospitals, Clinics, Others) By Distribution Channel (Retail Pharmacy, Hospital Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy), By Region, Competition Forecast & Opportunities, 2026
Global anti-fungal drugs market is expected to reach USD28484.69 million by 2026, growing at CAGR of 10.39% over the forecast period. Fungal infections can lead to diseases including fungal pneumonia, candidiasis, mucormycosis, among others and these fungal infections require the dosage of anti-fungal drugs to ensure effective treatment. The increasing prevalence of fungal infections is considered the primary driver for the market growth in the forecast period. The rise in awareness levels among patients regarding the adverse effect of fungal infection on the human body is significantly accelerating the demand for anti-fungal drugs around the world. An increase in government funds and investments to promote research and development activities to formulate anti-fungal drugs is fueling the market growth. An increase in the use of anti-fungal drugs coupled with the rising number of anti-fungal drugs available over-the-counter is expected to boost the market demand. With the surge in popularity of over-the-counter drugs such as ketoconazole, miconazole, econazole, amorolfine, several patients are preferring over-the-counter drugs. The rise in onychomycosis cases, which is a fungal infection affecting fingers and toenails is also considered a major driver responsible for the high demand for anti-fungal drugs.
The global anti-fungal drugs market is segmented into drug class, indication, infection type, route of administration, end-user, distribution channel, regional distribution, and company.Based on drug class, market is further divided into azoles, echinocandins, polyenes, allylamines and others.
The azoles segment is expected to dominate the anti-fungal drugs market in the forecast period owing to their use in treatment of almost all the indications.Based on indication, the market is segmented into candidiasis, aspergillosis, dermatophytosis, mucormycosis, and others.
The candidiasis segment is expected to dominate the market owing to high cases globally associated with the fungal species.
Based on regional analysis, North America is expected to dominate the anti-fungal drugs market for the next five years owing to the presence of major market players in the region.The high prevalence of fungal infections in the region is another crucial factor aiding the market growth.
Well-developed healthcare infrastructure and favorable government healthcare policies are the other significant factors bolstering the market growth.
The major players operating in the global anti-fungal drugs market are Astellas Pharma Inc., GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Bayer AG, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Gilead Sciences Inc., Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Johnson & Johnson), Pfizer Inc., Sanofi S.A., Merck & Co., Inc., Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Viatris Inc. (Mylan Laboratories Inc.), Cipla Ltd., Zydus Cadila Ltd., Lupin Ltd., Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Abbott Laboratories Inc., Novartis AG, Galderma SA among others. Major companies are developing advanced technologies and launching new anti-fungal drugs to stay competitive in the market. Other competitive strategies include mergers & acquisitions and new product developments.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2016-2019
Base Year: 2020
Estimated Year: 2021
Forecast Period: 2022–2026
Objective of the Study:
• To analyze the historical growth in the market size of global anti-fungal drugs market from 2016 to 2020.
• To estimate and forecast the market size of global anti-fungal drugs market from 2021 to 2026 and growth rate until 2026.
• To classify and forecast global anti-fungal drugs market based on drug class, indication, infection type, route of administration, end user, distribution channel, regional distribution, and company.
• To identify dominant region or segment in the global anti-fungal drugs market.
• To identify drivers and challenges for global anti-fungal drugs market.
• To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in global anti-fungal drugs market.
• To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in global anti-fungal drugs market.
• To identify key sustainable strategies adopted by market players in global anti-fungal drugs market.
The analyst performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study.Initially, the analyst sourced a list of manufacturers across the globe.
Subsequently, the analyst conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies.While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors.
Through this technique, the analyst could include the manufacturers who could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. The analyst examined the manufacturers, distribution channels and presence of all major players across the globe.
The analyst calculated the market size of global anti-fungal drugs market using a bottom-up approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. The analyst sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of various segments for getting an appropriate, overall market size.
Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by the analyst.
Key Target Audience:
• Anti-fungal drug manufacturing companies
• Market research and consulting firms
• Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
• Organizations, forums and alliances related to anti-fungal drugs market
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as manufacturers, suppliers and partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, global anti-fungal drugs market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
• Global Anti-Fungal Drugs Market, By Drug Class:
• Global Anti-Fungal Drugs Market, By Indication:
• Global Anti-Fungal Drugs Market, By Infection Type:
o Superficial Fungal Infection
o Systemic Fungal Infection
• Global Anti-Fungal Drugs Market, By Route of Administration:
• Global Anti-Fungal Drugs Market, By End-User:
• Global Anti-Fungal Drugs Market, By Distribution Channel:
o Retail Pharmacy
o Hospital Pharmacy
o Online Pharmacy
• Global Anti-Fungal Drugs Market, By Region:
o North America
o South America
o Middle East & Africa
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in global anti-fungal drugs market.
With the given market data, we offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
• Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).