Malaysia Cigarettes Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2025 - Analyzing Product Categories and Segments, Distribution Channel, Competitive Landscape, Packaging and Consumer Segmentation
Summary Cigarettes is the only category in the Malaysian tobacco sector.Convenience stores is the leading channel for distribution of tobacco products in the country.
British American Tobacco Plc., Japan Tobacco Inc., and Philip Morris International Inc. are the top three companies in the Malaysian tobacco sector.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the cigarette category in Malaysia, as part of global coverage of the sector.
It includes analysis on the following - - Market Context: The report provides a comparative analysis of the value shares of Malaysia in the Asia-Pacific and global tobacco sectors. Additionally, the per capita expenditure of cigarettes in Malaysia is also compared with the Asia-Pacific and global levels.
- Market Size and Structure : The report offers an overview of the growth at a sector level and provides analysis of the cigarette category. The category is analyzed by value, volume, and CAGR for the period 2015-2025. The section also includes value analysis of segments, value and volume analysis of sub-segments under the cigarette category for the period 2015-2025.
- Production and Trade: Provides analysis on per capita expenditure of cigarettes in Malaysia, compared to the Asia-Pacific and global markets. Further, analysis on the leading distribution channels at category level in 2020. The consumer sector reports cover the following eight distribution channels: cash & carries and warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, e-retailers, hypermarkets & supermarkets, tobacco specialists, vending machines, and other general retailers.
- Taxation : It covers taxation landscape in the country and effects in the cigarette category.
- Manufacturers and Brands: The report provides analysis on leading companies in 2019.
- The Smoking Population: The report covers consumption of tobacco by gender in Malaysia.
- Operating Constraints: The report cover the impact of policies and regulation on cigarette category in Malaysia.
- Prospects and Forecasts: The report covers forecast analysis of the cigarette category.
- Macroeconomic analysis: The report also provides an outlook on macroeconomic indicators in Malaysia, with a detailed summary of the economy, labor market, and demographics.
- Exchange rates: Exchange rates used to convert local currency to US dollars are annual average floating exchange rates.
- Time period: The report provides sector value and volume data, including category and sector level data for the period 2015-2025. Distribution channel data is of 2020, and company data is included for 2019.
Scope - Per capita expenditure of tobacco was lower in Malaysia compared to the global level and regional level in 2020
- In Malaysia, the per capita expenditure for cigarettes was higher as compared to Asia Pacific
- Convenience stores was the leading distribution channel in the cigarette’s category, with a value share of 36.2% in 2020
- Smoking prevalence in Malaysia was 21.1% in 2020 with 40.2% of men and 1.1% of women classified as smokers
Reasons to Buy - Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The tobacco products market is projected to reach US$ 907,665.43 million by 2028 from US$ 782,022.19 million in 2021. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.2% from 2021 to 2028. Tobacco products include cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos, e-cigarettes, vapes, snus/snuff, dissolvable tobacco products, among others.The rising number of smokers...
Foot in the door: Ongoing price competition and limited foot traffic may limit revenue growth Abstract Convenience Stores in Australia Convenience stores sell a variety of products such as cigarettes, beverages, travel accessories, snack foods, ready-to-eat foods, groceries, health products,...
Collectors’ item: An increase in the percentage of services conducted online is set to increase, limiting revenue growth for operators Abstract Small Specialty Retail Stores in the US Operators in the Small Specialty Retail Stores industry sell a diverse range of products, from premium...
Abstract Cigarette Manufacturing in China The Cigarette Manufacturing industry in China manufactures cigarettes, cigars and cigarette filters. Products include Virginia-type cigarettes, blend-type cigarettes and cigars. This industry does not include the manufacturing of fiber tows for cigarettes. This...
United Arab Emirates (UAE) Cigarette Market Analysis and Forecast, 2015-2025 - Analyzing Product Categories and Segments, Distribution Channel, Competitive Landscape and Consumer Segmentation Summary In the UAE tobacco sector, per capita expenditure of tobacco was higher than the regional level in...
Turkey Cigarettes Market Analysis and Forecast, 2015-2025 - Analyzing Product Categories and Segments, Distribution Channel, Competitive Landscape and Consumer Segmentation Summary Cigarettes is the only category in the Turkish tobacco sector.Convenience stores is the leading channel for distribution...
Sweden Tobacco Products Market Analysis and Forecast, 2015-2025 - Analyzing Product Categories and Segments, Distribution Channel, Competitive Landscape and Consumer Segmentation Summary Per capita expenditure of tobacco was higher in Sweden than both global and regional levels in 2020.Smokeless...
Romania Tobacco Products Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2025 - Analyzing Product Categories and Segments, Distribution Channel, Competitive Landscape, Packaging and Consumer Segmentation Summary Cigarettes is the only category in the Romanian tobacco sector.Convenience stores is the leading...
45 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Oct 2021
During the COVID-19 lockdown in India in 2020, the Indian government deemed tobacco products as non-essential. Stakeholders were asked to stop the manufacturing, distribution and sale of tobacco products. Moreover, the leading distribution channel for tobacco products, newsagent-tobacconists/kiosks, was also required to shut temporarily during...
Spain Tobacco Products Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2025 - Analyzing Product Categories and Segments, Distribution Channel, Competitive Landscape, Packaging and Consumer Segmentation Summary Cigarettes is the largest category in the Spanish tobacco sector.Convenience stores is the leading...
Household Consumption Expenditure
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.