Hungary Foodservice Market Size and Trends by Profit and Cost Sector Channels, Consumers, Locations, Key Players, and Forecast, 2021-2026
Summary “Hungary Foodservice Market Size and Trends by Profit and Cost Sector Channels, Consumers, Locations, Key Players, and Forecast, 2021-2026” published provides extensive insight and analysis of the Hungarian Foodservice market over the next five years (2021-2026) and acts as a vital point of reference for operators or suppliers.
The Hungarian foodservice profit sector decreased at a negative CAGR of 0.7% during 2016-2021. Many restaurants were pushed to close, unable to cope with strict restrictions for a significant period in 2020 and 2021. In 2021, the government allowed restaurants to open in a phased manner. Restaurants with terraces were permitted to resume their operations when approximately one-third of the population were inoculated against COVID-19 in April 2021 which supported gradual revival of restaurants and hospitality industry in the country.
The report includes -
- Overview of Hungary’s macro-economic landscape: Detailed analysis of current macro-economic factors and their impact on Hungary’s foodservice market including GDP per capita, consumer price index, population growth and annual household income distribution.
- Growth dynamics: In-depth data and forecasts of key channels (QSR, FSR, and Pub, Club & Bar) within Hungary’s foodservice market, including the value of the market, number of transactions, number of outlets and average transaction price.
- Customer segmentation: Identify the most important demographic groups, buying habits and motivations that drive out-of-home meal occasions among segments of the Hungarian population.
- Key players: Overview of market leaders within the four major channels including business descriptions and number of outlets.
Scope - FSR was the largest channel in the Hungarian foodservice profit sector by revenue, representing 23.5% of total sector revenue in 2021. The pub, club & bar was the second most prominent channel, with a market share of 21.8%. FSR’s large market share can be attributed to its unique ambience for special occasions and Hungarian consumers’ preference for more traditional foodservice.
- The pub, club & bar channel led in terms of number of outlets in the country, however declined at a negative CAGR of 2.5% during 2016-2021. Meanwhile, the total number of outlets in the QSR and FSR channels also registered modest decline in CAGRs, during this period.
- Delivery and take-away transactions surged in 2020 and 2021 owing to the operational restrictions on restaurants and shuttering of other on-premise channels amid the pandemic. QSR channel however, highlighted highest proportion of takeaway transactions in 2021.
Reasons to Buy - Specific forecasts of the foodservice market over the next five years (2021-2026) will give readers the ability to make informed business decisions through identifying emerging/declining markets.
- Consumer segmentation detailing the desires of known consumers among all major foodservice channels (QSR, FSR, and Pub, Club & Bar) will allow readers understand the wants and needs of their target demographics.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
207 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Mar 2022
China’s demand for Food Services has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which has been stimulated by the consecutive increases of industrial output, import & export, consumer consumption...
100 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Mar 2022
Consumer foodservice in Brazil was marked by the beginning of consistent recovery in 2021, as the pandemic looked as if it was approaching an end. Although the Delta variant was dominant in the first half of the year, contributing to the severe worsening of the pandemic situation in Brazil, the mass vaccination process in the country took...
Second helping: New entrants will likely join the industry due to low barriers to entry Abstract Chinese Restaurants Franchise Chinese food restaurants are dominated by well-known brands including Panda Express, PF Changs and Pick Up Stix. The industry includes both quick-service and full-service...
The South Korea foodservice market is expected to witness a CAGR of 3.47% during the forecast period, 2021 – 2026. The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in a devastating impact in South Korea as the number of people eating out decreased, causing sharp declines in sales. However, the country has witnessed an increase of over 90% in online...
More food: The return to offices is expected to lead to significant industry revenue growth in 2021-22 Abstract Food-Service Contractors in the UK Businesses in this industry prepare food for clients on a contract basis. Contracts cover the time period of the service, prices and broad menu selections. This...
Coffee break: Operators will likely expand menu options to appeal to more consumers Abstract Coffee & Snack Shops in the US Over the five years to 2019, the Coffee and Snack Shops industry has been bolstered by growth in the domestic economy. Increases in consumer spending, driven by higher disposable...
Eat up: Domestic and international travel will likely help drive demand for food services Abstract Food Service Contractors in the US The Food Service Contractors industry has performed well over the five years to 2019. The industry, which provides food services at institutional, governmental, commercial...
Another round: Minor reductions in wholesaling regulation may greatly benefit small-scale businesses Abstract Beer, Wine & Spirits Wholesaling in Canada The Beer, Wine and Spirits Wholesaling industry in Canada has grown over the past five years in line with increasing incomes and renewed demand for...
Thawing out: A return to restaurant activity and consumer spending will help revive revenue Abstract Walk-in & Cabinet Cooler Manufacturing With the resurgence of the nonresidential construction industry and improved performance of downstream markets, revenue for the Walk-in and Cabinet Cooler Manufacturing...
Well done: The industry will likely continue approaching market saturation, hurting participation Abstract Burger Restaurants The Burger Restaurants industry has relished growth in the domestic economy over the five years to 2018 as the unemployment rate fell to record lows and per capita disposable...
Household Consumption Expenditure
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.