Tire Reinforcement Materials: Technologies and Global Markets
- January 2017 •
- 186 pages •
- Report ID: 687772
Use this report to:
- Analyze the technologies and markets in the steel fiber and tire industries that influence demand for and development of tire reinforcement materials.
- Gain insight into international targets in the tire reinforcement materials industry.
- Gain information about key properties and advanced technologies of raw materials related to tire reinforcement materials industry.
- Analyze the impact of governmental regulations of the tire reinforcement materials industry.
- The global market for tire reinforcement materials will grow from $13.6 billion in 2016 to $16.0 billion by 2021 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.3% for the period of 2016-2021.
- The tire cord fabric market will grow from $10.7 billion in 2016 to nearly $12.6 billion by 2021, with a CAGR of 3.2%.
- The steel bead wire market is expected to increase from nearly $2.9 billion in 2016 to nearly $3.5 billion by 2021, with a CAGR of 3.8%.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The goal of this study is to help readers achieve a comprehensive understanding of the recent advances and trends in tire reinforcement material manufacturing, applications and global and regional markets. The report will cover tire reinforcements manufactured with steel, polyester, rayon, nylon, aramid, polyethylene naphthalate (PEN) and other materials.
The major types and advanced technologies of tire reinforcement material manufacturing processes will be described. Key properties and advanced technologies related to raw materials will be discussed, as well as the commercial applications in which these materials are used. Present consumption and future demand for these materials will be measured and forecast for global markets categorized by eight world regions: China, North America, South America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, India, East Asia and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), and the rest of the world.
Trends in technology will be analyzed and forecast. The impact of governmental regulations will be ascertained. Patents of tire reinforcement materials will be reviewed. The structural dynamics of the tire reinforcement material industry will be outlined, along with profiles of key manufacturers in China, the U.S., Japan, South Korea, India, France and other countries.
This report will review global markets for tire reinforcement materials and also forecast trends and sales in these markets through 2021. Important manufacturers, technologies and factors influencing demand will be discussed.
Tire reinforcement materials include steel cord fabric, steel wire, polyester cord fabric, rayon cord fabric, nylon cord fabric, aramid cord fabric and PEN cord fabric. These materials are used for manufacturing carcasses, belt plies, cap plies and bead for tires for automobiles, bicycles, motorcycles and other vehicles.
The tire reinforcement material market is closely dependent upon the tire industry. Therefore, global and regional tire production will be described. Tire reinforcement materials are made from steel and manmade fibers. This report will discuss the technologies and markets in the steel fiber and tire industries that influence demand for and development of tire reinforcement materials.
BCC Research’s goal in conducting this study was to determine the current status of the tire reinforcement material industry and to assess its growth potential over a five-year period from 2016 to 2021. A primary objective was to present a comprehensive analysis of the current tire reinforcement material market and project its future direction.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
There are two reasons for doing this study:
- Tire reinforcement material manufacturers must understand market trends and new technologies in the industry to plan their production and research and development (R&D) for the next few years and beyond.
- Tire manufacturers must understand the market and technology trends related to tire reinforcement materials to plan tire design and R&D.
A tire manufacturer has a number of aspects to consider when choosing a tire reinforcement material for making a tire: chemical composition, cost, size, weight, strength and construction. Advanced materials and market changes may allow tire engineers to design better or more cost-effective products.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This report forecasts the size of the market in current U.S. dollars for tire reinforcement materials in value terms for each material and/or volume terms from 2016 through 2021. It also forecasts the market size or output for:
- Tire reinforcement materials such as steel tire cord fabric, steel bead wire, polyester tire cord fabric, nylon tire cord fabric, rayon tire cord fabric, aramid tire cord fabric, PEN tire cord fabric and hybrid reinforcement materials.
- Tire types such as radial light-duty, radial heavy-duty, bias light-duty, bias heavy-duty, bicycle, motorcycle and other cycles; the tire reinforcement materials market is directly dependent on the tire industry, the performance of which is closely intertwined with the development of the automobile and cycle industries.
These forecasts are classified on the basis of product type, technology type, end application and region.
The intended audience for this report includes tire cord fabric manufacturers, technical fiber producers, technical textile producers, steel wire and steel filament producers, and tire manufacturers. Automobile producers, steel makers and chemical suppliers may also be interested in this report.
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this study. Estimates of current market demand are made for 2014 and 2015, and then projected over the next five years from 2016 through 2021. Projections are made in terms of constant U.S. dollars (2015), unadjusted for inflation. Growth is presented in terms of a compound average annual growth rate (CAGR).
Information sources for this report include experts, executives, professors and officials in tire reinforcement material companies, tire companies, industrial associations, universities and governmental departments.
They include Teijin, Performance Fibers, Xingda, Junma, Hailide, SPC, Shenma, China Chemical Fibers Association, China Rubber Industry Association, Association of Synthetic Fiber Industry India, American Fiber Manufacturers Association, Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers, European Man-Made Fibers Association, Korea Chemical Fibers Association, Japan Chemical Fibers Association, Taiwan Man-Made Fiber Industries Association, Indonesian Synthetic Fiber Makers Association, China Textile Academy, Tsinghua University, Ministry of Commerce of China and National Bureau of Statistics of China. Information sources also include online research, patent literature, technical journals, trade magazines, governmental data and conference papers from China, Japan, South Korea and the U.S.
Jason Chen has been an analyst and consultant for the composite, fiber, textile and energy industries for more than 10 years. He has been a regular writer or contributing editor addressing composite manufacturing for the American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA), International Fiber Journal, Filtration News, Platts Emission Daily, Vision Systems Design, Pesticide and Toxic Chemical News, China Textile Academy, China Chemical Fibers and MobileTex.
He has authored three books: Asian Automotive Textiles: Opportunities and Challenges for Leading Producers; China Technical Textiles: Key Producers and Market Trends to 2015; and China’s Chemical Fiber Producers. He is also the author of many BCC Research market research reports, including PLS050D Global Markets and Technologies for Bioplastics and PLS052A Global Market for Polyolefin Resins. He is currently the Chief Scientist of a China-based company endeavoring to reduce China’s air and water pollution through filtration and separation solutions.