Synopsis Timetric’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Macau Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Macau.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
Summary The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Macau, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Macau
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Macau
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations
- Details of the tax and legal systems in Macau
Scope - The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Macau.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
Reasons To Buy - Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Macau.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Macau insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
Key Highlights - The Macanese insurance industry is regulated by the Monetary Authority of Macau.
Losing interest: Poor returns on fixed-income assets have contributed towards industry revenue decline Abstract Life Insurance in the UK Industry firms provide life insurance cover and life-based investment products. Life insurance obliges the insurer to pay designated beneficiaries a sum of money in...
Commercial Auto & Truck Insurance Procurement in the US This report is intended to assist buyers of commercial auto and truck insurance. Buyers include businesses that use vehicles for commercial functions, such as errands, sales calls, cargo transportation, construction and passenger transportation. Similar to consumer vehicle insurance,...
Full coverage: Strong financial market performance has aided industry revenue growth Abstract Life Insurance & Annuities in the US According to the Federal Reserve and the American Council of Life Insurers, the Life Insurance and Annuities industry is one of the largest sources of investment capital...
Building & Contents Insurance Procurement in the US This report is intended to assist buyers of building and contents insurance, sometimes referred to as property insurance. Policies in this market insure a business's physical assets, including the building itself, furniture, equipment, inventory, landscaping and outdoor signage....
Quality insurance: Canadian economic growth and an expanding population will benefit the industry Abstract Property, Casualty and Direct Insurance in Canada The Property, Casualty and Direct Insurance industry in Canada has grown steadily over the past five years and has benefited from gradual growth...
Cargo Insurance Procurement in the US This report is intended to assist buyers of cargo insurance. Buyers are freight forwarders, transportation carriers, industrial manufacturers and other companies that ship cargo. Cargo insurance provides financial protection for ocean, air and land cargo (e.g. motor truck and train) in the event...