Synopsis Timetric’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Macau Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Macau.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
Summary The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Macau, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Macau
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Macau
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations
- Details of the tax and legal systems in Macau
Scope - The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Macau.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
Reasons To Buy - Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Macau.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Macau insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
Key Highlights - The Macanese insurance industry is regulated by the Monetary Authority of Macau.
Staking a claim: An aging population and higher health expenditure will support industry revenue Abstract Medical Claims Processing Services The Medical Claims Processing Services industry in the United States helps healthcare providers collect payments from private insurance companies and government...
“Big Data” originally emerged as a term to describe datasets whose size is beyond the ability of traditional databases to capture, store, manage and analyze. However, the scope of the term has significantly expanded over the years. Big Data not only refers to the data itself but also a set of technologies that capture,...
Additional coverage: Rising interest rates and corporate profit will boost industry revenue Abstract Commercial Auto Insurance A strong economic environment and an expanding fleet of vehicles have been instrumental to the Commercial Auto Insurance industry’s increased revenue during the five-year period....
Broken bonds: The industry has contracted slightly due to disappointing investment returns and competition from alternative retirement plans Abstract Retirement & Pension Plans in the US The Retirement and Pension Plans industry has experienced significant growth over the five years to 2018, as strong...
Free agent: Improving macroeconomic conditions have benefited industry demand Abstract Insurance Brokers & Agencies in the US The Insurance Brokers and Agencies industry has grown steadily over the five years to 2018 due to macroeconomic growth, beneficial legislation being passed and positive trends...
This IDC Taxonomy discusses how the insurance industry's digital mission is driven by the challenges posed to existing business models by the change in expectations of customers and partners, technology innovations, regulatory demands, and sociopolitical and economic disruptions. The advent of semi-autonomous or autonomous vehicles, connected...