Global Markets for Orphan Drugs
- September 2015 •
- 162 pages •
- Report ID: 96587
The global orphan drug market totaled nearly $123 billion in 2014 and will continue to grow to reach nearly $191 billion by 2019, demonstrating a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.2% during the forecast period (2014 to 2019).
This report provides:
• An overview of orphan drug criteria, the history of the Orphan Drug Act and its influence, advantages inherent in orphan drug designation, and future growth trends.
• Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013 and 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
• Detailed discussion of successful orphan products.
• Detailed analysis of blockbuster orphan drugs.
• The rising influence of pharmacogenomics in the orphan drug market.
• A discussion of specific rare diseases for which orphan drugs exist.
• Analysis of the most promising therapeutic areas in the industry and leading orphan drugs in these areas.
• An outline of legislation and regulation, including public and private agencies involved in support and development.
• Technology trends analysis within the orphan drug market.
• Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
The scope of this study includes orphan drugs used in pharmaceutical markets globally. This report analyzes the therapeutic applications of orphan drugs in rare and orphan diseases as well as regulatory framework, patents, and recent innovations. The report also analyzes each submarket and its applications, projections and market shares. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments.
This report covers U.S. and European markets as well as emerging global markets like India, Japan, China, Singapore, Taiwan, Korea, Canada, Brazil, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, etc.