Advanced Orthopedic Technologies, Implants and Regenerative Products
- August 2014
- 185 pages
- BCC Research
Use this report to:
- Receive a detailed analysis of the global market for advanced orthopedics by product segment and region.
- Learn about the significant products and players, issues and other data affecting the orthopedic device industry.
- Learn about the advanced orthopedic technology industry's participants.
- Gain insight into the market's potential including trends that are and will continue to drive growth in the future.
- BCC Research estimates that the global market for advanced orthopedics will grow from $35.3 billion in 2013 to nearly $36.4 billion in 2014, continuing to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.0% for the period of 2014 to 2019 reaching nearly $42.2 billion in 2019.
- The global market for joint replacement, implant, and regenerative products is expected to grow from about $30.1 billion in 2014 to $34.4 billion in 2019, with a CAGR of 2.7% over the forecast period.
- The global market for cartilage, soft tissue repair, and regenerative products will increase at a CAGR of 6.6% to reach about $2.5 billion in 2019, up from an estimated $1.8 billion in 2014.
Introduction & Scope
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This report provides an overview of products in the advanced orthopedic market, offers detailed market analyses and discusses competitive environments. The study includes information about significant products and players, issues and trends, as well as other data affecting the orthopedic device industry.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
With technology advancements and a better understanding of the body, the orthopedic device market offers a range of highly complex and leading-edge products. They now
are a significant part of the industry. While there are many conventional and generally less expensive products, new items and biotechnological advancements are beginning
to revolutionize future growth of the orthopedic device market. The latest technological products are competing in a fast track market that looks to improve the quality of life
for millions of individuals who need procedures such as hip and knee transplants.
Ongoing patient management studies, combined with a drive to produce technologically superior products, will increase the number of patients who can benefit from developments in the advanced orthopedic product market. This study will provide readers with the knowledge needed to adequately view and assess this market and will
provide insights into the market potentials, including trends that are driving and will continue to drive this segment in the future.
CONTRIBUTION OF THE STUDY AND INTENDED AUDIENCE
The intended audience includes all the stakeholders in the orthopedic device and products industry: developers of medical devices; device manufacturing companies,
medical supply vendors, hospitals, surgeon offices; physician offices and groups, development companies, and other involved participants. This includes mostly manufacturers, suppliers, technology providers, and research and development (R&D) companies.
With its broad scope and in-depth analyses, this study will prove to be a valuable resource to anyone involved with or interested in the history and future direction of
orthopedic industry. This study will provide information on these areas:
- Structure and current market size of the advanced orthopedic technologies, implants and regenerative product market as outlined with forecasts through 2019.
- Impact of chronic diseases, and growing and aging populations.
- Current product suppliers and some of their technologies.
- A look at the health industry and trends affecting the market.
- Markets for U.S., Europe and Asia-Pacific regions by each segment.
- Technology patent trends relating to orthopedic devices.
- Profiles for more than 15 leading companies in the industry with significant contributions and market shares.
Since the study provides business and technical information of a timely nature, it will prove valuable to a variety of readers, including industry executives, managers and
planners, purchasers, industry analysts and investors. The projections, forecasts and trend analyses found in this report provide readers with the necessary data and
information for careful decision-making and on which products will continue to be demanded by the industry.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
This study will be a helpful business tool providing a thorough evaluation of the advanced orthopedic market. Its geographic scope is global, with special emphasis on
the U.S., Europe and Asia-Pacific. The report identifies markets in three general segments:
- Bone repair and regenerative products.
- Cartilage and soft tissue repair and regenerative products.
- Joint replacement, implants and regenerative products.
Each market segment provides detailed information based on product categories, product use, forecasts and competitive analyses. Advanced orthopedics deals with those products involving new techniques and next-generation therapies. They provide a significant patient outcome over traditional methods, as well as improving healing and lowering overall care costs. These products incorporate biotechnological advancements and improved methods for dealing with orthopedic injuries and conditions.
Products in this study are considered to be at the forefront of orthopedic device technology. Products not considered advanced include external bracing, slings, casting
materials and so forth. Those classified by industry experts as advanced orthopedic products include: human bone products and materials, bone-growth stimulators,
synthetic bone replacements, cartilage and soft tissue fixation systems, biologics/biomaterials, complex joint replacement devices, spine devices, and joint fluid
The information for this report was obtained through primary and secondary data collection methods. Primary sources included interviews with more than 50 key
executives, product managers, clinical specialists and other related key personnel involved with the orthopedic industry. Secondary sources included published literature,
investment reports, company literature and various business journals that have emphases on orthopedic devices and related areas.
Market data for this report pertain to the world market in U.S. dollars at the manufacturers’ level. The base year of the report is 2014, with historical data provided from 2010 through 2013 and with forecast data provided for 2019. Historical, base year and forecast data are provided for each market segment of the report. Growth rates are determined through a compilation of data including past trends, future trends, demographics, incidence, mortality, products in R&D, current product growth and so
forth. Competitor market share estimates are provided for each market segment for the 2014 base year.