Synopsis Timetric’s 'Reinsurance in Indonesia Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides detailed analysis of the market trends, drivers and challenges in the Indonesian reinsurance segment.
It provides values for key performance indicators such as written premium, reinsurance ceded and reinsurance accepted during the review period (2011–2015) and forecast period (2015–2020).
The report also analyses information pertaining to the competitive landscape in the country, gives a comprehensive overview of the Indonesian economy and demographics, and provides detailed analysis of natural hazards and their impact on the Indonesian insurance industry.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise to enable reinsurers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages, and access profiles of reinsurers operating in the country.
Summary Timetric’s 'Reinsurance in Indonesia Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Indonesian reinsurance segment, including:
- An outlook of the Indonesian reinsurance segment
- A comprehensive overview of the Indonesian economy and demographics
- Detailed analysis of natural hazards and their impact on the Indonesian insurance industry
- The competitive landscape in the Indonesian reinsurance segment
Scope This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in Indonesia:
- It provides historical values for the Indonesian reinsurance segment for the report’s 2011–2015 review period, and projected figures for the 2015–2020 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Indonesian reinsurance segment, and market forecasts to 2020.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in Indonesia, and the reinsurance segment's growth prospects.
- It analyzes various natural and man-made hazards and their impact on the Indonesian insurance industry
Reasons To Buy - Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Indonesian reinsurance segment, and each category within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Indonesian reinsurance segment.
- Identify growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Indonesian insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry's future.
Key Highlights - With Effect from January 2015, the Otoritas Jasa Keuangan (OJK) made it mandatory for insurers to cede 25% of business to local reinsurers. For the motor, personal accident, health, life, and cargo insurance classes, the rate is 100%.
- The formation of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Economic Community (AEC) in December 2015 allows free movement of goods and services among the ASEAN. It is expected to benefit Indonesian reinsurance segment.
- In December 2015, the government officially merged PT Reasuransi Umum Indonesia (RUI) with PT Reasuransi Indonesia Utama (RIU) to form a single reinsurer: Indonesia-Re. - Effective December 31, 2014, the minimum capital requirement for insurers was increased to IDR100.0 billion (US$9.6 million), while for reinsurers it rose to IDR200.0 billion (US$15.0 million).
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Synopsis Timetric’s "Reinsurance (Accepted & Ceded) in Indonesia to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics" contains detailed historic and forecast data covering Reinsurance in Indonesia. This databook provides values for key performance indicators such as Accepted Reinsurance (treaty reinsurance & facultative reinsurance),...
Synopsis Timetric’s ’Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Indonesian Insurance Industry’ report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Indonesia. It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine,...
Synopsis Timetric’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Indonesian Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Indonesia. It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine,...
Synopsis "Industry Dynamics and Competitive Landscape in Indonesia Reinsurance Industry to 2019: Market Profile" is the result of extensive research into the insurance industry in Indonesia, covering the reinsurance market and its dynamics and competitive landscape. It provides insights into the size and forecast for the overall...