Control Systems in Japan
- May 2017
- 37 pages
Control Systems in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Japan control systems market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The control systems market is made up of programmable logic controllers (PLC) and distributed control systems (DCS). It does not include PC-based control systems and software. The market is valued at manufacturers selling price (MSP) and all currency conversions have been calculated at constant 2016 annual average exchange rates. A control system is a device, or set of devices, that manages, commands, directs or regulates the behavior of other device(s) or system(s). Industrial control systems are used in industrial production.There are two common classes of control systems, with many variations and combinations: logic or sequential controls, and feedback or linear controls. A logic gate is an idealized or physical device implementing a Boolean function, that is, it performs a logical operation on one or more logical inputs, and produces a single logical output. A Programmable Logic Controller, PLC or Programmable Controller is a digital computer used for automation of electromechanical processes, such as control of machinery on factory assembly lines, amusement rides, or light fixtures. The abbreviation "PLC" and the term "Programmable Logic Controller" are registered trademarks of the Allen-Bradley Company (Rockwell Automation). PLCs are used in many industries and machines. Unlike general-purpose computers, the PLC is designed for multiple inputs and output arrangements, extended temperature ranges, immunity to electrical noise, and resistance to vibration and impact. DCS (Distributed Control System) is a computerized control system used to control the production line in the industry. The entire system of controllers is connected by networks for communication and monitoring. DCS is a very broad term used in a variety of industries, to monitor and control distributed equipment.
- The Japanese control systems market had total revenues of $2,691.7m in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -2.4% between 2012 and 2016.
- The DCS segment was the market's most lucrative in 2016, with total revenues of $1,603.5m, equivalent to 59.6% of the market's overall value.
- A threat to future growth of the market in Japan is reducing capital expenditure, meaning companies would have less need to invest in up-to-date control systems. Capital expenditure is down again in the first quarter of 2017 and economic growth remains stagnant.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the control systems market in Japan
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the control systems market in Japan
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key control systems market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan control systems market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Japan control systems market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Japan control systems market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan control systems market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Japan's control systems market?