Employment Services in the United States
- June 2017
- 39 pages
Employment Services in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the United States employment services market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- For the purposes of this profile, the employment services market consists of temporary and contract staffing services. Temporary staffing is where agencies supply workers to clients on a temporary basis, the workers remaining employees of the agency. Search and placement is where agencies recruit workers on behalf of clients, with these workers going on to become employees of the client. The market value is the total turnover of agencies from the provision of these services. Services such as employee leasing and independent contracting are not included.
- The US employment services market had total revenues of $132.5bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.2% between 2012 and 2016.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 2.5% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 3,190.2 thousand units in 2016.
- One of the main drivers for the contraction of the market is the increasing penetration of job posting sites that directly connect job seekers with employees so that the dispensability of recruitment services has been increased. Markedly, 22.7% of LinkedIn users are located in the US, estimated at 106 million people, indicating a high penetration of such services in staff recruiting. Furthermore, the declining volume of temporary recruitment services in the last two years as well as of the whole market in 2016, are attributable to the crisis experienced by most of the US retailers which are some of the largest buyers of such services in this market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the employment services market in the United States
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the employment services market in the United States
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key employment services market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United States employment services market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the United States employment services market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the United States employment services market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United States employment services market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in the United States’s employment services market?