Gas Utilities in South Africa
- September 2017
- 33 pages
- Report ID: 168944
Gas Utilities in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the South Africa gas utilities market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The gas utilities market covers all natural gas consumption, net of distribution or transmission losses, by end-users in the following categories: industrial (including use as a feedstock and autogeneration), commercial and public-sector organizations, residential consumers, electric power generation (including combined heat and power but excluding autogeneration and heat plant), and other (including transport, agriculture, centralized heat plant, and other usage). Values are calculated from segment volumes and the average annual price of gas charged to end-users in each segment net of any applicable taxes.
- The South African gas utilities industry had total revenues of $446.1m in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.8% between 2012 and 2016.
- Industry consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 2% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 181.2 billion cubic feet in 2016.
- The South African gas utilities industry will see strong growth due to coal plants being decommissioned as the aging plants become less reliable.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the gas utilities market in South Africa
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the gas utilities market in South Africa
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key gas utilities market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the South Africa gas utilities market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the South Africa gas utilities market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the South Africa gas utilities market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the South Africa gas utilities market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in South Africa’s gas utilities market?