Utilities in South Africa
- December 2017 •
- 36 pages •
- Report ID: 168958
Utilities in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the South Africa utilities market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
The utilities industry consists of the electricity, gas and water markets.
The South African utilities industry had total revenues of $13.8bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.7% between 2012 and 2016.
The electricity segment was the industry’s most lucrative in 2016, with total revenues of $11.1bn, equivalent to 80.6% of the industry’s overall value.
South African utilities companies are also lacking investment and suffer from poor efficiency. ‘Load shedding’, the practice of rolling blackouts, have been in place since November 2015 as the nation’s public electricity board, Eskom, is unable to meet demand. Eskom in June 2017 announced that there would be no more load shedding and any further outages would be due to maintenance.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the utilities market in South Africa
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the utilities market in South Africa
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key utilities market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the South Africa utilities market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the South Africa utilities market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the South Africa utilities market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the South Africa utilities market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up South Africa’s utilities market?