Insurance in Sweden
- January 2017
- 30 pages
Insurance in Sweden industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the insurance market in Sweden
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the insurance market in Sweden
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Sweden insurance market with five year forecasts
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Sweden insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the Sweden insurance market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the Sweden insurance market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Sweden insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Sweden's insurance market?
The insurance market consists of the non-life insurance sector and the life insurance sector. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
The Swedish insurance market had total gross written premiums of $33.5bn in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.8% between 2011 and 2015.
The life Insurance segment was the market's most lucrative in 2015, with total gross written premiums of $24.3bn, equivalent to 72.5% of the market's overall value.
Growth in 2014 and 2015 was predominantly driven by very strong expansion in the life insurance market as an aging population looks to secure the future financially.
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Alecta Pensionsforsakring Omsesidigt
AMF Pensionsförsäkring AB
Related MarketLine research
List of Tables
Table 1: Sweden insurance market value: $ billion, 2011-15
Table 2: Sweden insurance market category segmentation: $ billion, 2015
Table 3: Sweden insurance market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2015
Table 4: Sweden insurance market value forecast: $ billion, 2015-20
Table 5: Alecta Pensionsforsakring Omsesidigt: key facts
Table 6: AMF Pensionsförsäkring AB: key facts
Table 7: Folksam: key facts
Table 8: Skandia Liv: key facts
Table 9: Sweden size of population (million), 2011-15
Table 10: Sweden gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2011-15
Table 11: Sweden gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2011-15
Table 12: Sweden inflation, 2011-15
Table 13: Sweden consumer price index (absolute), 2011-15
Table 14: Sweden exchange rate, 2011-15
List of Figures
Figure 1: Sweden insurance market value: $ billion, 2011-15
Figure 2: Sweden insurance market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2015
Figure 3: Sweden insurance market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2015
Figure 4: Sweden insurance market value forecast: $ billion, 2015-20
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the insurance market in Sweden, 2015
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the insurance market in Sweden, 2015
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the insurance market in Sweden, 2015
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the insurance market in Sweden, 2015
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the insurance market in Sweden, 2015
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the insurance market in Sweden, 2015