Utilities: Global Group of Eight (G8) Industry Guide
- January 2014
- 216 pages
- Report ID: 171844
The Utilities in G8 industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Features and benefits
* Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the utilities market
* Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the utilities market in G8
* Leading company profiles reveal details of key utilities market players’ G8 operations and financial performance
* Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the G8 utilities market with five year forecasts
* Compares data from the US, Canada, Germany, France, UK, Italy, Russia and Japan, alongside individual chapters on each country
The G8 countries contributed $1,844.1 billion in 2012 to the global nuclear energy industry, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.3% between 2008 and 2012. The G8 countries are expected to reach a value of $2,160.6 billion in 2017, with a CAGR of 3.2% over the 2012-17 period.
Among the G8 nations, the US is the leading country in the nuclear energy industry, with market revenues of $688.5 billion in 2012. This was followed by Japan and Germany, with a value of $412.6 and $156.8 billion, respectively.
The US is expected to lead the nuclear energy industry in the G8 nations with a value of $828.5 billion in 2016, followed by Japan and Canada with expected values of $483.2 and $167.5 billion, respectively.
Your key questions answered
* What was the size of the G8 utilities market by value in 2012?
* What will be the size of the G8 utilities market in 2017?
* What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the G8 utilities market?
* How has the market performed over the last five years?
* What are the main segments that make up G8 utilities market?