Utilities: Global Industry Guide
- March 2014
- 379 pages
- Report ID: 171939
Global Utilities industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The guide also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Features and benefits
* Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global utilities market
* Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global utilities market
* Leading company profiles reveal details of key utilities market players’ global operations and financial performance
* Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global utilities market with five year forecasts
* Compares data from 14 major economies alongside individual chapters
The global utilities industry had total revenues of $3,364.3bn in 2012, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.1% between 2008 and 2012.
The electricity segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2012, with total revenues of $1,881.3bn, equivalent to 55.9% of the industry's overall value.
The performance of the industry is forecast to accelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 5.3% for the five-year period 2012 - 2017, which is expected to drive the industry to a value of $4,360.5bn by the end of 2017.
Your key questions answered
* What was the size of the global utilities market by value in 2012?
* What will be the size of the global utilities market in 2017?
* What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global utilities market?
* How has the market performed over the last five years?
* What are the main segments that make up the global utilities market?