Publishing in the United States
- April 2017 •
- 42 pages •
- Report ID: 177294
Publishing in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the United States publishing market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The publishing market consists of books, newspaper and magazines segments.
- The US publishing market had total revenues of $64,435.6m in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -2.7% between 2012 and 2016.
- The newspapers segment was the market's most lucrative in 2016, with total revenues of $27,835.6m, equivalent to 43.2% of the market's overall value.
- Decline in the US publishing market is due in a large part to the decline in newspaper turnover and volumes.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the publishing market in the United States
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the publishing market in the United States
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key publishing market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United States publishing market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the United States publishing market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the United States publishing market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United States publishing market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the United States's publishing market?