Publishing in Japan
- April 2018 •
- 33 pages •
- Report ID: 177298
Publishing in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Japan publishing market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The publishing market consists of books, newspaper and magazines segments.
- The Japanese publishing market had total revenues of $25.7bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -3.1% between 2013 and 2017.
- The newspapers segment was the market’s most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of $12.bn, equivalent to 47.6% of the market’s overall value.
- A characteristic of the Japanese market is its great reliance on revenues from print sales rather than advertising revenue, which is a reversed trend from the one followed by other developed markets.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the publishing market in Japan
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the publishing market in Japan
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key publishing market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan publishing market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Japan publishing market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Japan publishing market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan publishing market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Japan’s publishing market?