Publishing in China
- April 2017
- 32 pages
Publishing in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the China publishing market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The publishing market consists of books, newspaper and magazines segments.
- The Chinese publishing market had total revenues of $38,340.5m in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.5% between 2012 and 2016.
- The books segment was the market's most lucrative in 2016, with total revenues of $27,562.4m, equivalent to 71.9% of the market's overall value.
- Self-publishing websites are attracting more than 40% of all China's internet users every month. The publishing market in China is under threat from online and digital sources.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the publishing market in China
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the publishing market in China
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key publishing market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the China publishing market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the China publishing market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the China publishing market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the China publishing market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up China's publishing market?
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
China Publishing Group
Nanfang Media Group
Next Digital Limited
Related MarketLine research
List of Tables
Table 1: China publishing market value: $ million, 2012-16
Table 2: China publishing market category segmentation: $ million, 2016
Table 3: China publishing market geography segmentation: $ million, 2016
Table 4: China publishing market value forecast: $ million, 2016-21
Table 5: China Publishing Group: key facts
Table 6: Nanfang Media Group: key facts
Table 7: Next Digital Limited: key facts
Table 8: Next Digital Limited: key financials ($)
Table 9: Next Digital Limited: key financials (HK$)
Table 10: Next Digital Limited: key financial ratios
Table 11: People's Daily: key facts
Table 12: China size of population (million), 2012-16
Table 13: China gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2012-16
Table 14: China gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2012-16
Table 15: China inflation, 2012-16
Table 16: China consumer price index (absolute), 2012-16
Table 17: China exchange rate, 2012-16
List of Figures
Figure 1: China publishing market value: $ million, 2012-16
Figure 2: China publishing market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 3: China publishing market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 4: China publishing market value forecast: $ million, 2016-21
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the publishing market in China, 2016
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the publishing market in China, 2016
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the publishing market in China, 2016
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the publishing market in China, 2016
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the publishing market in China, 2016
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the publishing market in China, 2016
Figure 11: Next Digital Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Next Digital Limited: assets & liabilities