Games Consoles in the United States
- March 2017
- 37 pages
Games Consoles in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the United States games consoles market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The games consoles market consists of the total revenues generated by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony through the sale of their console platforms including both their respective home entertainment consoles and their handheld models.
- The US games consoles market had total revenues of $2,286.1m in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -12.1% between 2012 and 2016.
- Market consumption volumes declined with a CARC of -14.9% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 9.4 million units in 2016.
- Latest game releases in 2015 and 2016 appeared on only newer generations as opposed to the Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the games consoles market in the United States
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the games consoles market in the United States
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key games consoles market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United States games consoles market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the United States games consoles market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the United States games consoles market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United States games consoles market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in the United States's games consoles market?