Airlines in Italy
- May 2017
- 37 pages
Airlines in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Italy airlines market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The airlines industry comprises passenger air transportation, including both scheduled and chartered, but excludes air freight transport. Industry volumes are defined as the total number of revenue passengers carried/enplaned (departures) at all airports within the specified country or region, excluding transit passengers who arrive and depart on the same flight code. For the US and Canada, transborder passengers departing from either country are considered as part of the international segment. Industry value is defined as the total revenue obtained by airlines from transporting these passengers. This avoids the double-counting of passengers. All currency conversions in this profile were carried out using constant 2016 average annual exchange rates.
- The Italian airlines industry had total revenues of $8,847.9m in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.9% between 2012 and 2016.
- Industry consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 1.5% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 78.3 million passengers in 2016.
- The international flights segment has been driving the growth of the industry in recent years as the domestic flight segment has been stagnant due to weak internal (domestic) demand related to economic uncertainty in the country.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the airlines market in Italy
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the airlines market in Italy
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key airlines market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Italy airlines market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Italy airlines market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Italy airlines market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Italy airlines market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Italy's airlines market?
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Alitalia - Societa Aerea Italiana S.p.A.
Ryanair Holdings plc
Related MarketLine research
List of Tables
Table 1: Italy airlines industry value: $ million, 2012-16
Table 2: Italy airlines industry volume: million passengers, 2012-16
Table 3: Italy airlines industry category segmentation: million passengers, 2016
Table 4: Italy airlines industry geography segmentation: $ million, 2016
Table 5: Italy airlines industry value forecast: $ million, 2016-21
Table 6: Italy airlines industry volume forecast: million passengers, 2016-21
Table 7: Alitalia - Societa Aerea Italiana S.p.A.: key facts
Table 8: easyJet plc: key facts
Table 9: easyJet plc: key financials ($)
Table 10: easyJet plc: key financials (£)
Table 11: easyJet plc: key financial ratios
Table 12: Meridiana S.p.A.: key facts
Table 13: Ryanair Holdings plc: key facts
Table 14: Ryanair Holdings plc: key financials ($)
Table 15: Ryanair Holdings plc: key financials (€)
Table 16: Ryanair Holdings plc: key financial ratios
Table 17: Italy size of population (million), 2012-16
Table 18: Italy gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2012-16
Table 19: Italy gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2012-16
Table 20: Italy inflation, 2012-16
Table 21: Italy consumer price index (absolute), 2012-16
Table 22: Italy exchange rate, 2012-16
List of Figures
Figure 1: Italy airlines industry value: $ million, 2012-16
Figure 2: Italy airlines industry volume: million passengers, 2012-16
Figure 3: Italy airlines industry category segmentation: % share, by volume, 2016
Figure 4: Italy airlines industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 5: Italy airlines industry value forecast: $ million, 2016-21
Figure 6: Italy airlines industry volume forecast: million passengers, 2016-21
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the airlines industry in Italy, 2016
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the airlines industry in Italy, 2016
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the airlines industry in Italy, 2016
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the airlines industry in Italy, 2016
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the airlines industry in Italy, 2016
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the airlines industry in Italy, 2016
Figure 13: easyJet plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: easyJet plc: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Ryanair Holdings plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Ryanair Holdings plc: assets & liabilities