Airlines in Canada
- September 2017 •
- 41 pages •
- Report ID: 177402
Airlines in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Canada airlines market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The airlines industry comprises passenger air transportation, including both scheduled and chartered, but excludes air freight transport. Industry volumes are defined as the total number of revenue passengers carried/enplaned (departures) at all airports within the specified country or region, excluding transit passengers who arrive and depart on the same flight code. For the US and Canada, transborder passengers departing from either country are considered as part of the international segment. Industry value is defined as the total revenue obtained by airlines from transporting these passengers. This avoids the double-counting of passengers. All currency conversions in this profile were carried out using constant 2016 average annual exchange rates.
- The Canadian airlines industry had total revenues of $12,779.9m in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% between 2012 and 2016.
- Industry volume increased with a CAGR of 4% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 69,627.9 thousand passengers in 2016.
- The greatest source of revenue in the Canadian industry is extracted from inbound and outbound traffic between Canada and the US. What is more, the Canadian international flights segment mainly consists of outbound flights so that the real income depending on the Canadian dollar currency value is relevant. For instance, a growth deceleration in 2016 can be explained by a steep depreciation of the Canadian dollar against the US dollar that year.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the airlines market in Canada
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the airlines market in Canada
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key airlines market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Canada airlines market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Canada airlines market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Canada airlines market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Canada airlines market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Canada’s airlines market?