Media in Canada
- August 2017
- 44 pages
- Report ID: 184625
Media in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Canada media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The Canadian media industry had total revenues of $11.1bn in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -2.8% between 2012 and 2016.
- The broadcasting & cable TV segment was the industry’s most lucrative in 2016, with total revenues of $5.4bn, equivalent to 49.2% of the industry’s overall value.
- Around 90% of Canadian households are estimated to have held some form of pay-tv subscription by 2016. However various forecasts have suggested that this figure will decline in the coming years due to the increasing popularity of substitutes such as Netflix and Hulu, which can be accessed via the Internet.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in Canada
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the media market in Canada
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Canada media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Canada media market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Canada media market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Canada media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Canada’s media market?