Media in Japan
- August 2017 •
- 40 pages •
- Report ID: 184631
Media in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Japan media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The Japanese media industry had total revenues of $77.3bn in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.4% between 2012 and 2016.
- The broadcasting & cable TV segment was the industry’s most lucrative in 2016, with total revenues of $37.2bn, equivalent to 48.2% of the industry’s overall value.
- Advertising in Japan is shifting towards a more digital format; however adverts in Japan still follow the cuteness factor trend. Online advertisements are seen as lower quality adverts in Japan, meaning that segment is not as developed as it is in other countries.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in Japan
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the media market in Japan
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Japan media market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Japan media market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Japan’s media market?